Home

Anybody else burned out?

This is a discussion on Anybody else burned out? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2011, 12:35 AM   #41
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Anybody else burned out?

My 4 man OD burned out by default. We were enjoying the gameplay, stats, and everything else until I told them we had two choices, wait for patch or continue playing. It was unanimous. Wait for the patch. 2 of my guys in the dynasty thought "something" was up with the gameplay (tendency switch), now they feel cheap with wins & losses that could or could not have happened. Who knows?

Point is, we arent burned out on NCAA, we like the game on the field, we are burned out on having to wait 3-4 weeks to immerse ourselves in a dynasty. We have limited time so doing a "throwaway dynasty", "teambuilder", or anything of that ilk is a waste of time. We are really at a crossroads here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 01:01 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3

My burn out came when it froze up on me three straight games post game 4th quarter and 2nd quarter respectively. I love the game and haven't had huge issues other than the freezes but it irritates me to no end. Having to set a game on the shelf and hope that it gets fixed in the patch (and the way things went last year that may be 50/50) is frusterating. I just can't bring myself to give up and trade it in yet
Old 08-09-2011, 02:56 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 0

I spend maybe 3 or 4 hours a week playing this game. I don't spend hours at a time in practice mode or have to call money plays to win. You just have to make smart decisions, know when to get rid of the ball and know how to out-smart a defense. You don't have to call out people who are trying to give you tips on how to play the game. If you're losing and complaining about how you're getting manhandled by a certain defense, then change up your strategy and understand how football philosophy works because a lot of it translates pretty well to the game. You can't expect to go out there and manhandle a team just because they're 2 stars. There's upsets every week in college football and North Texas isn't just going to lay down for Alabama.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:46 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Man, I feel the complete opposite way. The gameplay is great in my opinion, even with the patch pending. This is honestly the most fun I've ever had playing a football videogame--that includes Madden, 2K and NCAA--and I really don't even like college football all that much.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:53 AM   #45
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
No one should be playing on Heisman. It is pointless....you are not going to get the results you're looking for playing on the game's highest diff level.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 09:03 AM   #46
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

I am not burned out at all... Heisman is a blast. I play blow outs and close games. Beat OU 73-3 one week (My Heisman front runner had a career day and had 376 yards rushing and 7 TD) and then next week... Struggled to beat K-State.

I can move the ball on offense and if you know how to pass the ball, these so called "Super LB" have not made an appearance.

Defense is great if you know how to play call.

I do have many issues with this game though.. but few are play call related.

On a whole, this game is about a 8/10 as it stands right now.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:05 AM   #47
Rookie

Strings74's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Man, I feel the complete opposite way. The gameplay is great in my opinion, even with the patch pending. This is honestly the most fun I've ever had playing a football videogame--that includes Madden, 2K and NCAA--and I really don't even like college football all that much.
Dammit, I wish I felt this way.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:14 AM   #48

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

I was burned out from playing(mainly because I hate the blocking in this game), but then I started playing dynasty in coach mode, and I'm having way more fun watching the players I recruited execute plays themselves without me helping them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »