Home

Middle touch pass

This is a discussion on Middle touch pass within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2011, 12:30 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Middle touch pass

It's possible - QBA @ zero for Heisman level (haven't tested others).

Old 08-08-2011, 12:44 AM   #10
Rookie

WestMag's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
It's possible - QBA @ zero for Heisman level (haven't tested others).
Matt10 I think you just got lucky on that one. I agree with the OP, there is just no middle-ground, and your receivers are just not aggressive enough in this game to compete for the ball when you toss it up. Problem is two-fold IMO, Ball balistics, and super linebackers. I think if you tap your receiver button, the throw should be "smart" based maybe on your QB AWR/ACC. ie, you have the choice between bullet pass and a "smart" touch pass that will take a little more time to get on target, but will have the optimal balistics to clear hook-zone/underneath defenders (based of course on the skill/attributes of your QB).
Old 08-08-2011, 01:56 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestMag
Matt10 I think you just got lucky on that one. I agree with the OP, there is just no middle-ground, and your receivers are just not aggressive enough in this game to compete for the ball when you toss it up. Problem is two-fold IMO, Ball balistics, and super linebackers. I think if you tap your receiver button, the throw should be "smart" based maybe on your QB AWR/ACC. ie, you have the choice between bullet pass and a "smart" touch pass that will take a little more time to get on target, but will have the optimal balistics to clear hook-zone/underneath defenders (based of course on the skill/attributes of your QB).
Oi - not lucky at all. It happens a lot on my sliders. I'm not trying to sell them on you or whatever - I'm just saying that the QBA slider is jacked up that on ZERO you can still play a good game - and have a lot of touchd on passes.

go to my channel on justin.tv and sift through the archived videos - those kind of passes are not hard to accomplish.

www.justin.tv/matt10l
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 09:45 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've been playin with your sliders, I have been posting in your thread, but I still am not having the success passing over the middle like that. Whenever I lob it it's either deflected or int by the safety
MLB-Pirates
NBA-Heat
Old 08-08-2011, 10:15 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

It's random. If you get the timing just right with the button, you can get that in-between, but it is rare. Changing the accuracy down to 0 probably isn't what is causing it. Directing the pass on bullets will also get it through the linebackers occasionally, but for the most part, the bullet pass is going to get knocked down by any player that is in the path. The middle ground needs to be made easier to get to than having the perfect tap of the button.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:26 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 2

Well, if it is possible it needs to be made much more accessible. And that is really what is at the heart of a lot of the gameplay issues - we have such a range of skills while playing and there needs to be a way for each gamer to customize their gaming experience to create a satisfying football game that is a good fit. The basic issue is that the current slider and difficulty options don't make it happen. Would love to see the ability to play different difficulties (difficulty level) on offense/defense/special teams, heck - different difficulties on whether I run or pass. Would love to see more sliders, and more impact on those sliders.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:43 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

I've gotten better at it, its just matter of pressing down just long enough, with no lead pass. Last night I remember in the ucla game I had a couple to the tight end.

Doc, I know QBA when increased past 5, these passes become much harder in my experience.

I agree though, we shouldn't have to deal with these throwing physics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 04:30 PM   #16
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

The problem with adding a middle touch pass, is it will destroy the balance between offense and defense.

This game is not built around football, but the illusion of football.

This can be seen is almost every facet of the game. Low awareness Defenders still run 5-10yrd in the wrong direction for no reason. Pass trajectories are wrong. Poor catch animations that make my abilities look like Wes Welker. WRs completly ignoring the ball despite the fact they should be looking at the QB at this point in their route.

Arbitrary inaccruate passes. I'm not talking about a few inaccurate passes, I'm talking a QB throwing a 50yd bomb on the money with poor technique and then throwing a lame duck 20yd pass with picture perfect technique. (Technique being the animation used). Other thing include a QB throwing over the middle, and somehow throwing across their bodies like Jamarcus Russel. Sometimes I think I should go walk on at a DIA school even though I never played football.

Now I'm ranting so I'll end my dirgression here.

To sum this up, fixing one illusion, requires another illusion to be fixed. Be careful what you wish for.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »