Home

Anyone having trouble running the HB Slip Screen?

This is a discussion on Anyone having trouble running the HB Slip Screen? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2011, 10:45 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Anyone having trouble running the HB Slip Screen?

I can't run this for my life this year. I can never have a positive gain. I try different situations, formations, it never makes a difference. I always get sacked or have an incomplete pass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 10:49 AM   #2
Rookie

Tennessee's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone having trouble running the HB Slip Screen?

I've noticed the blocking linemen and the HB tend to pause for a second or two before running to the flats. The only solution seems to be dropping back to an unrealistic point to complete it.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:55 AM   #3
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennessee
I've noticed the blocking linemen and the HB tend to pause for a second or two before running to the flats. The only solution seems to be dropping back to an unrealistic point to complete it.
yup...you basically have to sprint backward to get it to work. Pretty much a worthless play vs. a user. Can still get it to work every so often vs cpu
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC
Old 08-08-2011, 11:00 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

Just to echo what has already been said, I used to run this in years past from under center because it seemed easier to spot when run out of the shotgun formation. However, this year it seems you have to sprint back unrealistically far to complete it when under center.

Instead, I just run it out of shotgun where you don't have to do the crazy sprint back and it works well. I also noticed that you have to throw it to the back once he makes his initial break after the fake or he stops and turns which kills his momentum or even has him facing you as opposed to facing the sideline in running motion.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:11 AM   #5
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerg1234
yup...you basically have to sprint backward to get it to work. Pretty much a worthless play vs. a user. Can still get it to work every so often vs cpu

I have gotten to the point I can drop back without sprinting and get it off, but yes you have to drop back unrealistically far to give the play time to set up.

I also have found you have to lead the pass to the sideline or too often the receiver will come back toward the ball, too far inside, and abandon his blockers.

But if the psychic CPU puts a defender on the screen, good luck! The play is pretty much a loser then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 11:22 AM   #6
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I have pretty good success and I actually don't allow myself to call it too many times because, while I wouldn't call it a money play, the chances for huge gains seems to be too high.

I only play out of the SG so if you're talking about undercenter, then you can ignore this post. The main thing (which I'm guessing everyone knows) is to not run this against man as the HB will have a guy in his hip pocket. I drop back some while waiting for the play to develop, but not too far and I don't sprint back. This might be because I'm already in the SG. If the defense has some blitzing guys on the play side, you might have to roll to that side while dropping back so throw it around them instead of over them.

When doing the above, I can often have a convoy of about 4 blockers that usually only have 2 guys to block.

Also, if you're not able to get the slip screen to work, try some of the non-slip HB screens. There's a few of them and the new "double screen" plays (WR mid screen on 1 side and HB screen to the other side) have normal HB screens instead of slip screens. You usually need to get rid of the ball in a hurry on those though.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-08-2011, 12:06 PM   #7
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11

Yeah it blows. I've completely stopped using it unless out of the Shotgun. I can't imagine why EA put it in, but that little hitch the RB does before setting for the pass kills the play. It's annoying enough that the RB does it, but the fact that it's directly behind the crashing DE simply destroys the play. Seems like the DTs get in a little quicker too. The PA HB screen plays are insta-sacks too (with the exception of one out of one of the I formations (Tight maybe?)).

I can't believe EA keeps finding a way to screw up something that worked perfectly well in previous years. Last year it was PA passing (still not perfect, but better at least), this year is HB Slip Screens, next year maybe it'll be the Center-QB exchange.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Old 08-08-2011, 02:38 PM   #8
Rookie

Oil Nation's Arena

OVR: 1

I've just sprinted backwards as a work around until the screen develops, its kind of a crappy work around but it does the trick. Just don't get sacked while backpedalling or its a huge loss.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »