Home

How can they fix this???

This is a discussion on How can they fix this??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2011, 01:18 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How can they fix this???

Been trying over and over in vain to get through week 4 of my offline dynasty (2nd season, XBOX) but after the game I get the magical disc unreadable message as the game ends and goes back to the dynasty menu. How is a patch going to fix flawed programming? It's one thing to fix tendencies but fixing a major crash in the code is another. I have lost my patience with this. I know there are a thousand posts on the game freezing, but it basically seems as though we have been sold an incomplete game that is prone to freezing/crashing under various scenarios. Basically, the game doesn't work. I can deal with the super LB's, the psychic DB's, etc, but a game that crashes is unacceptable in 2011. How is a patch gonna fix a crashing game? EA Sports owes us an apology and a refund. But I will settle for a refund.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 01:25 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: How can they fix this???

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTone1970
Been trying over and over in vain to get through week 4 of my offline dynasty (2nd season, XBOX) but after the game I get the magical disc unreadable message as the game ends and goes back to the dynasty menu. How is a patch going to fix flawed programming? It's one thing to fix tendencies but fixing a major crash in the code is another. I have lost my patience with this. I know there are a thousand posts on the game freezing, but it basically seems as though we have been sold an incomplete game that is prone to freezing/crashing under various scenarios. Basically, the game doesn't work. I can deal with the super LB's, the psychic DB's, etc, but a game that crashes is unacceptable in 2011. How is a patch gonna fix a crashing game? EA Sports owes us an apology and a refund. But I will settle for a refund.
As Madden 10 (or maybe Madden 09, whichever crashed when trying to access the Virtual Trainer after games) showed us, you'll be getting neither. A patch, at best.

EDIT: In addition, e-mail them, or tweet them if you use Twitter (@EANCAAFootball) to let them know of the crash and the circumstances surrounding them. If they can reliably replicate and pinpoint the crashes, they can address them with a patch.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:28 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
The very definition of what a patch does is fix flawed programming. With that being said, the disc unreadable is not a common issue this year, the freezing issue is, those are not always the same thing. Have you looked at the disc to see if it has any water marks on it? Have you tried playing it in another console to replicate the error?

I'd seriously consider returning it for another disc if it's giving you the disc unreadable error.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

Last edited by ODogg; 08-09-2011 at 05:00 AM.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:06 AM   #4
Rookie

if it comes up with a message saying "Disc Unreadable"... then it's not EA's fault... something is wrong with your disc.

It is either scratched, smudged, or laser burned... i have never heard of a "disc unreadable" message from a flawed game.

Freezing is one thing but an unreadable disc is something wrong with the physical disc...
Old 08-09-2011, 08:27 AM   #5
Rookie

Trust me, there is nothing wrong with my disc or 360 as I have replicated this crash 5 times after the week 4 game in my offline dynasty. I don't get the message when I am playing online, nor do I get it in other game modes. It is only happening under the above circumstance. My disc still looks brand new and doesn't have any scratches. The game plays fine until it is time to save the results from the week 4 game and then it crashes and I get the unreadable disc message. At first, I thought it might be the disc, but after checking the disc and then getting the message over and over I know it isn't some random crash/freeze. The only other explanation may be that I have an older XBOX which may be slowly dying, but that wouldn't make sense due to the fact that I have pinpointed when this specific crash/freeze is happening.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 08:57 AM   #6
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
I'm sorry but either it's your disk or xbox. Can't blame EA for this one.

---
- Do you really care where I sent this from?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 08-09-2011, 09:48 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Trust me, there is nothing wrong with my disc or 360 as I have replicated this crash 5 times after the week 4 game in my offline dynasty. I don't get the message when I am playing online, nor do I get it in other game modes. It is only happening under the above circumstance. My disc still looks brand new and doesn't have any scratches. The game plays fine until it is time to save the results from the week 4 game and then it crashes and I get the unreadable disc message. At first, I thought it might be the disc, but after checking the disc and then getting the message over and over I know it isn't some random crash/freeze. The only other explanation may be that I have an older XBOX which may be slowly dying, but that wouldn't make sense due to the fact that I have pinpointed when this specific crash/freeze is happening.
It's your disc. I had the same thing happen to me on GT5 in a very specific mode. I would try to do a certain set of the online races and it would always freeze on loading the races in the set. I cleaned the disc (which still looked brand new) and never had an error since. It never froze when loading any other race in any other mode. Try cleaning your disc. A read error is not a code problem, especially since it is consistent; the freeze error is not consistent. You can play one game and be fine and the next it'll freeze. If you could replicate it on someone else's game with someone else's Xbox, that's one thing.

Or your file is corrupted...
Old 08-09-2011, 10:01 AM   #8
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Get a new disk or try installing the game to your HD if a 360.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »