Home

Coaching carousel doesn't work like it should.

This is a discussion on Coaching carousel doesn't work like it should. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2011, 03:50 PM   #33
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Coaching carousel doesn't work like it should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
Firstly, the game needs to make getting to 6 stars much tougher. 6 stars should be almost impossible to attain until a team has something like 20 or 30 years of continued success. Only certain elite elite programs that "everyone" wants to coach at should be 6-stars. Losing that status should be equally hard.
Well 20 or 30 years is a little crazy but I'd say 10 to 15 would be a good range. Also, I think prestige system should be a pyramid system, where the Dynasty Mode can only hold say 5 or 6 six star schools in one given season. Because even the elites fluctuate between 5 and 6 you kno? I'm sorry, Miami, FSU have not been 5 star schools in the last 4 or 5 years. They just haven't. Maybe if they would stop losing 4 ot 5 games a year, we can make that argument. And Oregon, while being strong on the scene TODAY, they haven't been around long enough to qualify for top of the top of the heap.

This would help the coaching carousel problem of building a program and not being able to get a better job.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:18 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
If you are a six star school you are at the top with maybe 4-5 other 6 star schools. The 5 star schools will not offer you because you are above them. Its been like this forever in the game. You can only move laterally when you are the best.

You wanting to leave 6 star national champ Louisville is a head scratcher.
So 5 stars don't offer me but 1 and 2 stars do. A 5 star Alabama won't try for an elite coach but a 1 star Akron will? None of this makes sense.

As for Louisville, the fact that they are National Champs is the very reason I want to leave- there's nothing left to accomplish there.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:30 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpriv
So 5 stars don't offer me but 1 and 2 stars do. A 5 star Alabama won't try for an elite coach but a 1 star Akron will? None of this makes sense.

As for Louisville, the fact that they are National Champs is the very reason I want to leave- there's nothing left to accomplish there.
By the time you get to 2 and 1 star schools deciding on coaches, most of the top guys are settled. The lower schools only offer D coaches and newly made coaches by the game. Them offering you at that point may be the game bugging out. I have no explanation for that. But I havent had a problem with CC.

If Im an A+ OC at a 4 star school only 4 star and lower will offer me. By the time you get to a HC at 6 star school, some lower teams offered me but not many. And the market per year is different. Play another season and see if other schools offer. Your playbooks may not match their or they may be resigning their guys.

In my experience, the CC can be totally different depending on who gets hired at the top. Its a trickle down effect. Keep on trying. The cc may be buggy still. It is their first crack at it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 07:54 PM   #36
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

I definitely agree with the OP and whoever else was saying it only favors coordinators. Trust me, I wrote a big blog about it all. You can check it out if you care to read it for my prognosis and proposed changes.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:00 PM   #37
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

So rather than starting as a head coach I should start as a co-ordinator if I want to land a good job?
Old 08-09-2011, 10:14 PM   #38
Rookie

gohogsfan14's Arena

OVR: 1

Its my own fault and i know its realistic, but i always hate it when i pass up a job thats decent thinking there will be better ones ahead but then theres not so im screwed lol
Old 08-09-2011, 10:21 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Interesting... That makes it sound like the thing to do is change your alma mater to the job you want before the carousel begins. But can you change that after the dynasty has started? I've never tried.
yep you go under coach info, and you can edit every coach. you just can't change there prestige.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:37 PM   #40
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
I know but after that happened the BCS was supposedly "fixed" so it could never happen again.
It could still happen. Imagine if Alabama went 12-1 last year and their lone loss had been to Penn State, most people would have wanted them in the title game. It should be rare, but could occur.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »