Home

Coaching carousel doesn't work like it should.

This is a discussion on Coaching carousel doesn't work like it should. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2011, 12:56 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Coaching carousel doesn't work like it should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikphaze01
yep you go under coach info, and you can edit every coach. you just can't change there prestige.
That's right. I tried the carousel again (probably the 4th or 5th time) and this time FSU decided to fire their coach and offered me the job, the only reason apparently being that I have them as my alma mater. They were 4 star in prestige.

It looks like the trick to getting a job you actually want is this: Be sure to save your game at the end of the season, the week before the carousel starts.

Start the carousel and take note of the teams that are firing their head coach or having their coach retire because of age.

You won't be offered the jobs if you're already an HC but look at the contract anyway of a team you're interested in and that will allow you to look at their roster and see what the team will look like next year.

Once you decide on the team you want to go with, exit the game without saving and then reload the dynasty. That will take you back to the week before the carousel.

Change your coach alma mater to the team you want to offer you and you should get the offer, provided you are qualified enough. If you have a few winning seasons under your belt, you probably are.

Try it out and let us know how it works for you. Be sure to include what your coach prestige grade was at the time also. Also, did it let you go up to a higher prestige team or did you have to go down or laterally?

Thanks!

Last edited by robpriv; 08-10-2011 at 12:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 05:05 AM   #42
Rookie

DiSaStAx94's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcordloh
It could still happen. Imagine if Alabama went 12-1 last year and their lone loss had been to Penn State, most people would have wanted them in the title game. It should be rare, but could occur.
I'm pretty sure if Alabama went 12-1 with no conference losses they would have won the SEC.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:52 AM   #43
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

So I'm in my second year as hc of ucla. If in the coaching carousel the Florida state job comes up I won't be offered it because I am already a head coach? Is that what is being said here?
Old 08-10-2011, 07:19 AM   #44
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

After each season, you should be able to pick one of three options:

-Stay
-Consider Leaving
-Search for a New Jon
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 08-10-2011, 07:49 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentuckyJared20
Just because you didn't get a good offer in one offseason doesn't mean you won't get a good one later on.
i agree with you, it is a known fact that some schools are historically better regardless if it is a downtime for that school. for example, michigan, notre dame, when those jobs open up they will always be better than a 6 star louisville. teams don't approach the user created coach as if they are qualified.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 09:55 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant1874
So I'm in my second year as hc of ucla. If in the coaching carousel the Florida state job comes up I won't be offered it because I am already a head coach? Is that what is being said here?
No, most likely you won't get any quality opportunities to be a hc at a better program. You need to change your alma mater to the school you want to be hired by under coach info. If you don't do this you may never get quality coaching jobs regardless if you are the hottest thing in the NCAA.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:20 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpriv
Good point. I had a season where Stanford was #1 and got into the National Championship game even though they didn't even though make it to the PAC-12 championship game!

this already happened with Oklahoma back in the day

lets say Stanford goes 11-1, losing only to USC

USC goes 8-4 (8-0) but loses to Navy and Notre Dame and Hawaii and Boston College.

Say Stanford is the only 1 loss team.

Stanford is in the NC game even though they didn't make the pac12 title game
Old 08-10-2011, 10:27 AM   #48
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

I agree with OP, the logic needs cleaning up. I've run multiple OD's thanks to lockups, and it seems I don't get decent offers or as many offers as I should. Heck, the year after getting USC to the BCS NC game (lost on a last minute interception), as an OC, I got offered NO HC jobs. Bupkus.

C'mon.

It seems to be far too arbitrary.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »