Home

Coaching carousel doesn't work like it should.

This is a discussion on Coaching carousel doesn't work like it should. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2011, 11:02 AM   #49
Rookie

TDTGodfather's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Coaching carousel doesn't work like it should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpriv
That's right. I tried the carousel again (probably the 4th or 5th time) and this time FSU decided to fire their coach and offered me the job, the only reason apparently being that I have them as my alma mater. They were 4 star in prestige.

It looks like the trick to getting a job you actually want is this: Be sure to save your game at the end of the season, the week before the carousel starts.

Start the carousel and take note of the teams that are firing their head coach or having their coach retire because of age.

You won't be offered the jobs if you're already an HC but look at the contract anyway of a team you're interested in and that will allow you to look at their roster and see what the team will look like next year.

Once you decide on the team you want to go with, exit the game without saving and then reload the dynasty. That will take you back to the week before the carousel.

Change your coach alma mater to the team you want to offer you and you should get the offer, provided you are qualified enough. If you have a few winning seasons under your belt, you probably are.

Try it out and let us know how it works for you. Be sure to include what your coach prestige grade was at the time also. Also, did it let you go up to a higher prestige team or did you have to go down or laterally?

Thanks!
i get what you're saying but you shouldn't have to "trick" the computer into making a logical hire.
edit: btw thanks for the tip.

i used to get mad when the old versions would offer you the florida or texas job after a couple of good seasons with like a sun belt team. you got really good offers too early. it seemed like they just went too far in the opposite direction.
Chicago White Sox
Old 08-10-2011, 11:18 AM   #50
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
After each season, you should be able to pick one of three options:

-Stay
-Consider Leaving
-Search for a New Jon
Working a little on the side? Wow that coaching money isn't what it used to be.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:10 PM   #51
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiSaStAx94
I'm pretty sure if Alabama went 12-1 with no conference losses they would have won the SEC.
Wow, sorry. I blame it on the beer last night.
I meant something like 12-1 with the one loss being a conference one, like to Auburn who went 7-1 in conference also, but was a 2 loss overall.

Again, apologies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 02:30 PM   #52
Rookie

Shankssta's Arena

OVR: 0

I hate how some jobs get filled up before you can even apply. I see so many good schools with HC with low job security. I go to coaching changes in the offseason and they are filled already.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:32 PM   #53
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankssta
I hate how some jobs get filled up before you can even apply. I see so many good schools with HC with low job security. I go to coaching changes in the offseason and they are filled already.
There must be a programming ordering mistake, where the CPU is filling those positions before it looks at your personal resume. Hopefully the devs are reading this and checking out the order of how the CPU handles the offseason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »