Home

Coaching carousel doesn't work like it should.

This is a discussion on Coaching carousel doesn't work like it should. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2011, 12:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Coaching carousel doesn't work like it should.

I was mega-disappointed last night when I finished my contract and found that the carousel makes no sense. Here was my resume:

After 4 years as the HC at Louisville (BTW, a great team to start a Dynasty with- lots of young talent and speed everywhere) my resume looked like this:

Took L'ville from 3 star prestige to 6 star.
Raised my coach prestige all the way to A+.
Had the winningest record in the country after 4 years (45-10 on Heisman level).
Had just won the National Championship.

You would think that I would probably be the most sought after coach in the country right?
Think again.

Even though at least a half dozen prestigious, big name programs fired their HC's and needed a new one, the best HC offer I got was from 2 star prestige Texas Tech. Really??!!

I got a bunch of OC offers but none from top programs. To make things worse, all those big time programs hired coordinators from crappy teams to be their HC, most of which had losing records the previous season! Ridiculous!!!

I guess the only way to get to blue-chip HC jobs is to go the coordinator route but that way you only get to play your side of the ball and no special teams and you get penalized for not winning enough games while you control less than half of the game. Disappointing.

I guess I'll try to play "old school" with contracts off and hopefully I'll get reasonable offers
after successful seasons like in previous versions of the game.

Just wanted to warn some of you that are thinking about going the way I went.
Planning to start as the HC for a low-end team and take new HC jobs until you get to your dream job just isn't going to work. EA, please fix this!

Last edited by robpriv; 08-09-2011 at 03:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 12:23 PM   #2
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Coaching carousel doesn't work like it should.

I'm sure it has to do with the fact that your teams prestige is higher than any of the other teams that would hire you.

Nick Saban is a great coach, but I'm sure Florida didn't offer him the HC position when Meyer resigned.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:52 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpriv
I guess I'll try to play "old school" with contracts off and hopefully I'll get reasonable offers
after successful seasons like in previous versions of the game.
There are no contracts; you won't get any offers.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:05 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
There are no contracts; you won't get any offers.
So you NEVER get offered new jobs? Can you at least quit and take a job at a lower prestige school like with the older games?

Good grief, if you have to stay at the same place forever then Dynasty mode becomes unplayable for me. I love FSU but after several years I need new scenery, new uniforms, and a new challenge.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:12 PM   #5
Rookie

KentuckyJared20's Arena

OVR: 3

Just because you didn't get a good offer in one offseason doesn't mean you won't get a good one later on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 01:14 PM   #6
Rookie

i agree with you, it is a known fact that some schools are historically better regardless if it is a downtime for that school. for example, michigan, notre dame, when those jobs open up they will always be better than a 6 star louisville. teams don't approach the user created coach as if they are qualified. the only way is to change your alma mater. this will have to be addressed next year. i wish it could be done this year, but we all know that this is the first year of coaching carousel, and they are likely to use this as a learning point and improve it in future installments.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:18 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentuckyJared20
Just because you didn't get a good offer in one offseason doesn't mean you won't get a good one later on.
Yeah but I don't want to spend another 3 or 4 years at a school that I'm sick of for just the very slim chance that a school I want to go to will offer me the job when the next contract expires. It looks like it would take a miracle with the way the carousel works.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:20 PM   #8
Rookie

i'll even make this point, my oc and dc have been the best in the six years i played in houston. yet not once have they been offered a coaching contract, not even for the alma mater. the only time the oc got a promotion was when i left to take the hc job at notre dame. not realistic at all. most coaches are in it to reach the top, not be content with being in the shadow of another hc. they should be sought after just as much as i should be for a hc job at a bigger program.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »