Home

How do you stop the Maryland I formation?

This is a discussion on How do you stop the Maryland I formation? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2011, 07:53 PM   #1
Rookie

nighttrain32's Arena

OVR: 5
How do you stop the Maryland I formation?

I'm about ready to put this game down because I play in an online dynasty with about 5 friends and 2 people use this formation religiously and rack up record games week after week vs the cpu. In user games its unbearable because it seems like all you have to do is run to the 1 shade DT and its consistant yardage. What defensive formations can I use to limit the yards gained? Is anybody else having problems with stopping this formation?

We also play on Heisman with custom sliders to make this game more difficult but it seems like there are fundamental flaws in how the AI plays so trying conventional defensive strategies seems like urinating in the wind.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Last edited by nighttrain32; 08-09-2011 at 08:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 08:22 PM   #2
Pro

Re: How do you stop the Maryland I formation?

Shutting down those formations are easy, just run3-4 cvr2, or 4-3 cvr and hot route the corners to buzz zone.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:25 PM   #3
Banned

Kid FSU's Arena

OVR: 1

If I'm using Marcus Lattimore, then you can't.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:27 PM   #4
Pro

yea ok, whenever you ready to give it a shot my PSN:novadolla i would love to see you run on me with lattimore lmao
Old 08-10-2011, 12:04 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I play with Arkansas, use a 4:3 cover 2 defense, push the Y button and then down on the left stick, control the free safety, and stop every team running the Maryland I. Yes even Marcus Latmore. This usually ends up in loss of yardage because the corners come in unblocked on both sides and they will eventually stop trying to run that crap. Hope this helped you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2011, 01:29 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Probably a really dumb question, but I started playing some games with UMD, and I can't find the Maryland I in their playbook. Is it not there by default?
Old 08-21-2011, 01:39 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain32
I'm about ready to put this game down because I play in an online dynasty with about 5 friends and 2 people use this formation religiously and rack up record games week after week vs the cpu. In user games its unbearable because it seems like all you have to do is run to the 1 shade DT and its consistant yardage. What defensive formations can I use to limit the yards gained? Is anybody else having problems with stopping this formation?
Sounds like your friends are super cheesy.
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
Old 08-21-2011, 03:30 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by novadolla
Shutting down those formations are easy, just run3-4 cvr2, or 4-3 cvr and hot route the corners to buzz zone.
how do you hot route guys on defense? i use ps3, is this just the equivalent of hitting y and then hitting up, down, left, or right? because i thought that was just moving your alignment or is it something else?.

The lack of a physical manual drives me nuts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »