Home

Main Problem I see with the Running the Ball in NCAA 12

This is a discussion on Main Problem I see with the Running the Ball in NCAA 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2011, 01:46 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Main Problem I see with the Running the Ball in NCAA 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Load options don't work because of the fb blocking air on a regular basis instead of picking up who they come to first. I wonder if they know that the running game is usually a numbers game.
Which is why I'll probably start running more Ace formations w/ 2 TEs instead of I-Formation with a dumb FB. Has anybody tried running Ace formation, HB-Dive and putting the TE in motion and hiking the ball right when the TE gets passed the QB so he can act as a lead block, instead of running I-Form and using the FB as a lead blocker? Does this work better?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 01:54 PM   #26
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
Which is why I'll probably start running more Ace formations w/ 2 TEs instead of I-Formation with a dumb FB. Has anybody tried running Ace formation, HB-Dive and putting the TE in motion and hiking the ball right when the TE gets passed the QB so he can act as a lead block, instead of running I-Form and using the FB as a lead blocker? Does this work better?
Plays with pre-determined motion or "green motion" works the best.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:56 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Exactly, they should have an option between the two and can somebody tell me why my FB runs past the cb, in position to make a play, and blocks the ss who is 10 yrds from being in position? What? This makes no sense.
My point precisely.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:05 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
I love your idea about ACE Twin TEs, but I'm sorry. As the self proclaimed run master, I've already tried this. I used Twin TEs very successfully in 2011, but sadly, it does not help on outside runs or options in 2012. The DE will shockingly walk right through your twin TEs on options and stuff you after 3 steps. I'm not joking. The game doesn't even block the end on sweeps and options. It is literally just a walk into the backfield and the whole play blows up immediately. It doesnt matter if you run Twin TEs WITH a fullback out of Power I. The DE just walks in the backfield and smokes you. So, do the math. That's 4 offensive blockers directly in front of 1 DE who remains untouched. Unbelievable.

Your idea about motion in ACE for dives is a good theory, but not very effective when executed. I've tried that, too. It's just too confusing for the offensive AI and many times you end up with a motion blocker who ends up in the butt of the center or spinning around and blocking air from where he just came from. Stupid.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:00 PM   #29
Rookie

209vaughn's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey323
Running the ball is too easy on this game.
Wow, I'm a NCAA vet... And randomly there will just be games where my OLine just gets treated like a bunch of girls and I cant run the ball for crap. I simply have zero room to run. The D-line shed their blocks as soon as i hit the LOS.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:21 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

Have any of you having trouble running the ball used the maryland power I? for whatever reason there is one play on the first set of plays in that form where I almost always break it for a 10+ gain.
Every other running play is a crap shoot.I can't even get an option off regardless of whose my qb. they definetly need to fix that as it is a or could be a big part of an offense if it could be executed right.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:24 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcrb28
First off I am 19 years old and a sophomore in college.. I love playing football (on xbox and IRL), and watching football. I played football almost all my life up to college and think I know alot about the game and the rules... with that being said I am loving this years NCAA 12. But I think the Running game has some minor/major flaws in them holding this game back. While blocking and the run game in general is overall better in this years edition there are some things that I see that hinder it.. Also I am not one of those people who play games to find the flaws in them

1. The CPU Cornerbacks. They react to the run WAY too fast.. looking at numerous replays of me running the ball the CPU cornerbacks don't even back pedal. In football the cornerback always takes at least one step back to back pedal.. The CPU CB sometimes just rushes straight to the LOS to stop the play causing the user to have to try to cut back up field quicker. This doesn't happen all the times but happens alot..

2. User players whiff on blocks too much. Also by game testing when looking at replays it seems as though every run play a blocker, whether that be an O-lineman, TE, or WR, whiffs or get pushed aside right as the User RB gets to them causing the play to be blown up in the backfield unless you can bounce the run outside. But sometimes as I get the outside if my WR was blocking the CPU CB he all of a sudden gets pushed aside by the CB as Iget near them

Now number 1 does not happen all the time but number 2 seems to happen everytime I run the ball at least one D-Line gets off a block as soon as I get to the LOS

Am I the only experiencing this?

Feedback and/or solutions, if any, are welcome!
the only thingthat pisses me off are counter plays, the pulling guard from the back side will stop once he gets to the outside of the playside tackle and it drives me nuts because it will always be RIGHT before hes about to hit the LB but then he completely stops moving and i make a move and get tackled for a loss everytime
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 08:34 PM   #32
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey323
Running the ball is too easy on this game.
sure is!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »