Home

Main problem: All of the little things add up

This is a discussion on Main problem: All of the little things add up within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2011, 09:55 PM   #17
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Main problem: All of the little things add up

No one is subjecting you to anything, you choose to come on these boards and look at these threads. If you don't like what a thread has to say, you don't have to post in it or give your opinion. I don't go into "I LOVE THIS GAME SO MUCH!!!" threads and tell people my views of the game, because they already made up their mind about the game, so there is no need to try to convince anyone if they enjoy the game.

But, when people come into threads that speak "badly" of the game to tell people that they LOVE the game, don't you think that's a little asinine? You like the game, we get for the 1000's of posts you already written.

You choose what you want to read and no one is forcing you to read this. All I'm trying to do is to nip this in the bud before this turns into another "YOU'RE AN IDIOT BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE THIS GAME" threads. The OP has some really good points about the game not being polished and have a lack of the little things that other sports games have. No one is judging you because you like the game, I just don't get why you come in here and add nothing to the conversation other than how these forums are a "hornet's nest of negativity" and "how you love this game" that's just going to stir up trouble...

PS- I'm not trying to attack you either, I'm sorry if I come off like that.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:16 AM   #18
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

i think its time we treat ncaa12/madden the same way we treat other great franchises here at OS

play with edited rosters

i remember my first time at OS was for MVP baseball 04 then 05. then i returned for nba2k7 with its lack of default post play..

but i learned that to enjoy sports titles it MUST be edited...

look at nba 2k11, most players there IMO play with edited rosters, PES football most of us play with edits, PC games play with patches etc

i think ncaa and madden should be no different, i dont understand the obsession with EA's ratings and why people are afraid/hate to change them..

named rosters have become the norm, i wish edited rosters would catch on

bugs/glitches aside

i believe the movement is the main problem and it can be fixed.....

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 08-12-2011, 06:56 AM   #19
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
No one is subjecting you to anything, you choose to come on these boards and look at these threads. If you don't like what a thread has to say, you don't have to post in it or give your opinion. I don't go into "I LOVE THIS GAME SO MUCH!!!" threads and tell people my views of the game, because they already made up their mind about the game, so there is no need to try to convince anyone if they enjoy the game.

But, when people come into threads that speak "badly" of the game to tell people that they LOVE the game, don't you think that's a little asinine? You like the game, we get for the 1000's of posts you already written.

You choose what you want to read and no one is forcing you to read this. All I'm trying to do is to nip this in the bud before this turns into another "YOU'RE AN IDIOT BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE THIS GAME" threads. The OP has some really good points about the game not being polished and have a lack of the little things that other sports games have. No one is judging you because you like the game, I just don't get why you come in here and add nothing to the conversation other than how these forums are a "hornet's nest of negativity" and "how you love this game" that's just going to stir up trouble...

PS- I'm not trying to attack you either, I'm sorry if I come off like that.
So true. This is clearly a thread where some people can vent about the game. If you don't like it, don't read this thread.

What's up jkra? It's been awhile since I've read one of your blogs. Of course having OS blocked at work along with two young kids makes my time at OS more limited than in the past. I'm like you in that I will still keep an eye on this series but I need more than band-aid fixes to this game to buy again. I want good, core improvements.

And as for Michigan's ratings this year I think the offense is pretty fair but the defensive ratings of some guys were ridiculously high and the overall team defense was far too high.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:51 AM   #20
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
i think its time we treat ncaa12/madden the same way we treat other great franchises here at OS

play with edited rosters

i remember my first time at OS was for MVP baseball 04 then 05. then i returned for nba2k7 with its lack of default post play..

but i learned that to enjoy sports titles it MUST be edited...

look at nba 2k11, most players there IMO play with edited rosters, PES football most of us play with edits, PC games play with patches etc

i think ncaa and madden should be no different, i dont understand the obsession with EA's ratings and why people are afraid/hate to change them..

named rosters have become the norm, i wish edited rosters would catch on

bugs/glitches aside

i believe the movement is the main problem and it can be fixed.....
Maybe, but for people like me that only play dynasty its really not an option. There are almost 9,000 players in the game with about 2,000 being added every offseason. Its just impractical for me to spend hours editing the rosters every season.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:07 AM   #21

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm just saying but as far as the "little" things go, the worst is commentary, how anyone considers what EA has for commentary passable is beyond me, Look at NHL 11, look at NBA 2k11, sure they both get repetitive, but it's normally after a seasons worth of games, these get repetitive after one QUARTER. It's absolutely ridiculous that in this day and age, people are "ok" with this commentary.

Also, to the people whining about people whining about the game, I'd like to point out that while we might be whining about it, it doesn't always mean we hate the game or think it's terrible. NBA 2k11 for all it's glory had a ton of flaws, they annoyed me but I played through them, NCAA 12 has more flaws, but I'm obviously still playing through them, it's ridiculous to just look at games in a glowing light of positivity, because complacency breeds little change.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 09:51 AM   #22
Rookie

Suvorov's Arena

OVR: 3

I think there are much bigger issues than Dreads and 3D Grass. I never understood why people nitpicked small things like this.

I would just like to see more realistic game play. Give me a smart AI that can make good decisions and play a good game without cheating and I would be the happiest man in the world. I want an offline opponent that calls good plays for their situation, uses the clock smartly, and makes me feel like I could be playing a real person.

I could care less if someones hair looks bad, a facemask doesn't line up properly, the coach doesn't scratch his *** every 5 minutes, or that the players on the field don't blow snot rockets after every play. None of that really matters if game play is tight and good.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:57 AM   #23
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suvorov
I would just like to see more realistic game play. Give me a smart AI that can make good decisions and play a good game without cheating and I would be the happiest man in the world. I want an offline opponent that calls good plays for their situation, uses the clock smartly, and makes me feel like I could be playing a real person.
I think we are a long way from that still although I hope I'm wrong. The cpu clock management is still really bad. As for offensive play calling I still see slow QBs running the option and the cpu doesn't attempt to get the ball in the hands of their best receivers.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:04 AM   #24
Banned

wryly's Arena

OVR: 2

I know this had been said a million times, but it's true -- the lack of competition leads to complacency on the part of NCAA developers. Why would EA spend money to improve the game when it sells either way?

If you want to help pressure EA into actually improving the NCAA series, then quit buying it. As long as the game sells, the little things will never be fixed, since the casual gamer does not care about the little things.

Last edited by wryly; 08-12-2011 at 10:14 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »