Home

Playing Defense in NCAA 11

This is a discussion on Playing Defense in NCAA 11 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2011, 09:41 PM   #17
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Playing Defense in NCAA 11

Oh god, the psychic DB argument....it's like the War in Iraq and gay marriage all rolled into one: "the defense is FINE, learn to throw!"...."no no no, it's unfair, the DBs and LBs are like JesusBacks! ARGH!!!"

But back on topic....how do I keep recievers from running wide open and for christ sake, why do running schools throw so much (in game and in sim)?
Old 08-12-2011, 10:32 PM   #18
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
Oh god, the psychic DB argument....it's like the War in Iraq and gay marriage all rolled into one: "the defense is FINE, learn to throw!"...."no no no, it's unfair, the DBs and LBs are like JesusBacks! ARGH!!!"

But back on topic....how do I keep recievers from running wide open and for christ sake, why do running schools throw so much (in game and in sim)?
Maybe we stick up for it because we're glad to see the zone defense fixed? Maybe because we sucked at '11? I'm like 30-5 online in '12 but I was 50/50 at best in '11.

You actually have to scheme, and mix up the zone/man effectively... unlike '11 where you'd get owned if you used a cover 2 anywhere outside the 5 yard line. NCAA 11 was a MCVfest, and I hated it! Outside of the Jet Sweep glitch, there are no gimmicks to win in '12. Every single play can be stopped including the jet sweep. The most strategic person wins the majority of the time. In '11, it's slants/drags all day long. No skills/strategy whatsoever required.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:39 PM   #19
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
Maybe we stick up for it because we're glad to see the zone defense fixed? Maybe because we sucked at '11? I'm like 30-5 online in '12 but I was 50/50 at best in '11.

You actually have to scheme, and mix up the zone/man effectively... unlike '11 where you'd get owned if you used a cover 2 anywhere outside the 5 yard line. NCAA 11 was a MCVfest, and I hated it! Outside of the Jet Sweep glitch, there are no gimmicks to win in '12. Every single play can be stopped including the jet sweep. The most strategic person wins the majority of the time. In '11, it's slants/drags all day long. No skills/strategy whatsoever required.
I wasn't picking sides, simply saying its the most touchiest subject on this website. For me, I feel like any defense I call, players are wide open and it makes me sick. When I play offense, my recievers are blanketed while the CPU's offense (with 70 speed recievers) run by my corners. It's nonsense. But I'm trying to use the defensive keys more, which is basically guessing and I'm having a little more success.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:07 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
and that's good but to say that the zone coverage is exactly the same as '11 is laughable at best
Out of the box sure it was pretty bad

But like i said i'm not playing NCAA 11 out of the box

I've edited the entire game quite a bit including Zone Coverage and Play Recognition ratings so i don't experience that problem you were encountering.

The game is awfully fun for me and i'm sure there are a few guys on these boards who have used the rosters I've edited that will state the same opinion.

I'm sorry the game was bad for you....but that doesn't really apply to everyone

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-13-2011, 12:11 AM   #21
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

I just lost 9-7, and it was the greatest loss I've ever received. You tell me how many 9-7 games you've had on NCAA 11!

It didn't account for a safety in the third quarter for some reason ^ He was really good, both of our defenses were absolutely brutal. I took a very aggressive approach while he stayed conservative on D and it shows in the stats

Back on the topic of '11, I was lucky to hold my quality opponents to 28 points... Ugh I hated that game so much.

Last edited by ViLLiO; 08-13-2011 at 12:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2011, 01:42 AM   #22
Pro

wepr3's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl

Well, I can't help you too much with the first part of the question. On the second, though, have you edited the schools' tendencies? If not, check out these 2 threads:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...t-made-me.html

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...g-sliders.html
Old 08-17-2011, 01:23 AM   #23
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

For fear of breathing life into a dead thread....

I'm getting enraged right now....just lost a heartbreaker to Wisconsin in OT, 43-36. I took the lead with only 33 seconds to go. Wiscy has no discernable star recievers and an average QB, yet, with 2 all-americans on my D-line and constantly picking "play pass" out of the dime and quarter formations, he completed 2 frozen ropes to wide open recievers and TWICE got bogus late hit calls. I've played this game for the last year and this is the first time i've EVER gotten a late hit call and it comes at the end of a nail biter on the road? Really B?

But I'm more concerned with the defense. Wiscy's D also had two 70 rated corner backs, yet my recievers couldn't run by them at all. I got most of my yards on the option and a cheesy jet sweep out of a heavy shotgun formation....The one deep ball I threw, one of those crappy corners picks it off like Willie Mays in the World Series and it was one of those suction picks.....

But my D? They can't catch anything! ::sigh:: I'm just taking the "L" and moving on but I dont want my only solution to poor D on my end to be "shell out 60 bucks for NCAA 12", especially since its so buggy, I gotta get as much out of this old version as I can but geez......
Old 08-17-2011, 01:48 AM   #24
Rookie

Shankssta's Arena

OVR: 0

Wait until the next patch and then buy it used.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »