Home

An ATH is not really an ATH if he can only play one position

This is a discussion on An ATH is not really an ATH if he can only play one position within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2011, 03:21 PM   #41
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: An ATH is not really an ATH if he can only play one position

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelguy4736
Excellent topic.... I feel the same way when I get an ATH and he can really only play one position. I very rarely go after athletes but when I do its dissapointing when he can only play one position. But I feel like in future years of NCAA, they should make the game fully editable. Kind of like OOTP, where you pretty much can edit anything. To me this would add so much value to the game and make the game more enjoyable to play when you can edit basically anything with the game. It seems like we are getting to that point with the ability to edit ratings and conferences in the game.

Well, I've only played one person OD so far, but I note you can adjust your players ratings mid-season which I don't recall before being an option. EA also said the next patch will permit height/weight adjustment, so reckon we'll be able to manually address these things to make ATH's more flexible in playing multiple positions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2011, 05:23 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 5

What I do--and I know this could be considered cheating--is if I have, say, an athlete who can only play wide receiver, I might make his stats for cornerback, or quarterback, or safety, etc., be a little below what his wide receiver rating is (if he's a 74 ovr. wide receiver, I make him a 71 ovr. corner and a 70 ovr. safety or something).

I do this not based on what I need, but based on size, build, what I feel like his best skill would be, etc.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:55 PM   #43
Rookie

mnAD28's Arena

OVR: 0

I know he isn't an ATH, but this punter I'm recruiting is a true ATH. His spd and acc are A-'s, while he has B+ agi. He is a terrible punter, but I'm going after him for the sole purpose of seeing if he will be able to play any other positions. I'm crossing my fingers...
Old 08-13-2011, 07:03 PM   #44
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnAD28
I know he isn't an ATH, but this punter I'm recruiting is a true ATH. His spd and acc are A-'s, while he has B+ agi. He is a terrible punter, but I'm going after him for the sole purpose of seeing if he will be able to play any other positions. I'm crossing my fingers...
That's something we don't see every day
Old 08-13-2011, 07:10 PM   #45
Rookie

mnAD28's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
That's something we don't see every day
I know, I was going through the punters that were interested in me and came across that guy. I'm actually going after him and another in case I can't do any other positions with him, cuz his punting is like c- and d+.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2011, 07:21 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 4

too many of them are only rbs or wrs.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:22 PM   #47
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
too many of them are only rbs or wrs.
that much is obvious....smh
Old 08-13-2011, 07:32 PM   #48
Rookie

johhnywave's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnAD28
Yes! Got this in my current season and I signed him. #13 ranked 2* punter and he had 4.34 or 4.36 speed with A-acceleration.

Got 2 more games in my season and I have to win both just to make a damn bowl game so I'll see what happens.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...001_130811.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...002_130811.jpg

Phone takes junk pictures

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »