Home

Recruiting help needed please!

This is a discussion on Recruiting help needed please! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2003, 08:29 PM   #1
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43
Recruiting help needed please!

I'm unsure if this is in the sticky, if so, I apologize.

I'm playing as Michigan, coming off an 11-2 Outback Bowl win season. I'm trying to recruit some blue chippers, but I'm just having absolutely no luck. Is there such a thing as being too aggressive? Like if you do all four things (Call/Visit HC and AC), will that possibly "scare" the recruit? For example, I am trying to land a stud RB, the best in the nation, but he is not interested in me. I try all four, and individually I've tried all four recruiting pitches. If I'm LUCKY, he'll still be around the next week, and it says his interest level is increased, but then no matter if I try the same offer or change the pitch, he'll always be gone.

Any tips at all?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2003, 11:20 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Recruiting help needed please!

How high was his interest bar when you started recruiting. If it's a real dark color you have a very very very small chance of getting him. Your recruits need to have some interest in your school.
Old 09-06-2003, 11:38 PM   #3
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43

It was a darkish blue a bit more than halfway, just on the edge of the teal/torquoise color. And the arrow was pointing up, indicating he had some interest. =/
Old 09-07-2003, 07:25 AM   #4
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

On the recruiting pitch-

If you're not already, once you start a new recruiting week, click the right thumbstick button(Xbox) on the recruits you've already targeted so you can bring up their info. Whatever pitch your tried to use last time and the times before that, it'll tell you you if it worked or not. I ALWAYS do this, rather than looking at how their interest level went up. Also, you may want to check their location and where their schools of interest are to get an idea of whether they are interesed in location or not. Like if the recruit is from detroit and his top schools are Michigan State, Central Michigan, and Minnesota, location may be important to him. I always do this as well.
Old 09-07-2003, 02:02 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 4

Of course there are no guarantees with recruiting, but it helps a ton to go after guys that are highly or very highly interested in your school at the beginning of the recruiting process.

You can occasionally land a guy that wasn't initially highly interested in your school, but don't ever base your recruiting plan off getting guys like that. After I fill all my roster needs, I sometimes go after marginally interested guys that I would love to have on my team. I've gotten a few that way, but it's more like a bonus.

Keep in mind, there is a randomness to recruiting. For example, you can be a 6-star prestige level team with plenty of playing time available for a blue chip in-state recruit. That recruit STILL might not be interested in your school. I like that it works like this. It's more realistic, in that there are no sure things. Maybe the kid always hated my school and would never want to play there. Maybe he grew up a huge fan of my in-state rival. At least, that's one way you could look at it.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »