Home

Coach you can have our HC gig but you have no say on the OC or DC, you want the job?

This is a discussion on Coach you can have our HC gig but you have no say on the OC or DC, you want the job? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2011, 09:05 PM   #1
Rookie

Adam_in_SC's Arena

OVR: 6
Coach you can have our HC gig but you have no say on the OC or DC, you want the job?

Can someone please explain why I have no say in who is hired as my OC or DC? I'm South Carolina and we just hired a coach from Clemson. Really? Really? I mean our bitter most hated rival and we steal their OC who is a Clemson grad? Two things... 1) I'd never hire a CU guy and 2) No CU guy ESPECIALLY an OC who is an alum, would ever come to South Carolina.

EA... PLEASE let me hire my coaches and please allow their presence on my staff to have some impact on my team. OC's and DC's are free loaders in this game once you become a HC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2011, 09:16 PM   #2
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Coach you can have our HC gig but you have no say on the OC or DC, you want the j

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_in_SC
Can someone please explain why I have no say in who is hired as my OC or DC? I'm South Carolina and we just hired a coach from Clemson. Really? Really? I mean our bitter most hated rival and we steal their OC who is a Clemson grad? Two things... 1) I'd never hire a CU guy and 2) No CU guy ESPECIALLY an OC who is an alum, would ever come to South Carolina.

EA... PLEASE let me hire my coaches and please allow their presence on my staff to have some impact on my team. OC's and DC's are free loaders in this game once you become a HC.
I agree w/ this and I wish we had some say in keeping/losing OC's and DC's. If our defense is rocking and I don't want to lose the DC, I should be able to go to the AD and request that they offer a longer contract w/ more money to keep him.

Granted, I understand that as HC we control everything, but there's also the "Stability" issue w/ your program and when you recruit and promote your school's stability, to have the same staff in place for a long period should be a tool that helps you.

And... to take this further... say the DC decides to leave and be a HC at some smaller school and three years later gets fired and he realizes he's just a great DC and not a HC, I should be able to go out and bring him back.

CC is fun... but it needs a TON of work and thought put into it.

Old 08-16-2011, 05:10 PM   #3
Rookie

Adam_in_SC's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Coach you can have our HC gig but you have no say on the OC or DC, you want the j

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
And... to take this further... say the DC decides to leave and be a HC at some smaller school and three years later gets fired and he realizes he's just a great DC and not a HC, I should be able to go out and bring him back.
That would be a great addition to the system.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »