Home

An example of what Online Dynasties are dealing with right now...

This is a discussion on An example of what Online Dynasties are dealing with right now... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2011, 09:50 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: An example of what Online Dynasties are dealing with right now...

My dynasty is on the brinks after losing one member to a failed upload, multiple frozen games for everyone (I lost my 4OT upset of Oregon, boo) and now the biggest issue: user games freezing mid-way through no matter what.

I've got my goddamn xbox, and everyone else's in the OD, DMZ'ed and legs spread for the interwebs, and yet we still can't get through a simple Week 9 user v. user game.

I don't understand how a feature like OD can be broken. It numbs my head. I dont even care about all the other glitches and issues. I just want to play the damn game.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:15 AM   #34
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

in my OD that im commish in on xbox ...i had a problem with my recruiting freezing 3 diff times last week and it took me over 2hrs to do my recruiting. i had to keep adding the new recruits i was trying to add that werent taken into acct after the freeze 3x. i added over 10 ppl so i couldnt possibly know all of them and find them again. very frustrating to the point i almost gave up.

then i ended up losing some of my recruiting time to the ppl i had already talked to before the freeze, but it looked like i had never talked to them. i had to talk to the same ppl again and lose more time. i lost over 5hrs of recruiting time in one week. it seems after each call u make, it automatically subtracts time used in dynasty servers, but the result of the call isnt updated until u back out of recruiting totally and go back to the main hub. so if u freeze before u back out to the main dyn hub, ur time is subtracted but your results from the calls is gone like the call never happened. SUX
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Old 08-16-2011, 11:02 AM   #35
Pro

SincerelYourz's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
The OS Legends League is basically dead now. Not trying to rant, but basically, wanted to express just how depressed we all are as we are College Football Junkies who got through THIRTEEN SEASONS OF 11.

We're dead after less than 2 now for all intents and purposes. Why you ask?

1. kodiak had at least 12 game freezes with Florida State and quit out of pure frustration. Can't blame him.

2. JUnit40 played multiple games that would freeze in the final 2 min of the game. When we simmed them....he lost. Each game he was winning. So he quit... Can't blame him.

3. elprez had games both freeze on him AND would finish games that would give him a transfer failed error...then show up as being a completed game...THEN get simmed into a loss as we advanced through some glitch. He also lost his QB for half the season in the sim to boot. This just happened to him for the second week in a row so instead of 7-0, he's now 5-2 with no QB. So he just quit. Can't blame him.

4. Ruff Ryder's Virginia Tech Hokies showed up as being a "Bye" on the schedule. So he recruited and went about his business. We advanced. NOW...it says he just lost to Boston College 31-7. The game didn't even exist last week and to top it off...I looked in the ACC scores and Va Tech/BC doesn't exist in Week 9. So how the hell did he get a loss? He's also had freezes and transfer fails. So now he's gone.

5. bluengold had multiple games freeze, in which he was winning..and then would lose when we had to sim them. He quit. Again... Can't blame him.

That's almost half of my league who are gone. EVERY SINGLE ONE because of a horrendous glitch or bug.

We've had others, like myself, get freezes and transfer failed as well. Cyros had one of his games get simmed as well, luckily he won that one.

Guys....this is horrible. It's frustrating. It's infuriating.

I wanted to do a detailed post because I wanted to show just how wide the glitches are and how much of a gamekiller they have become.

I can honestly say I will not be buying NCAA 13..or 14..or 15 on release day because of just how awful it's been this year. The level of bugs and glitches is so severe that I believe folks would be foolish to do so. Never thought I'd say that but damn...look at that list of events and you tell me how I can't?
we both know why this game is screwed right???........A bammer made the front cover.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 11:10 AM   #36
Rookie

alexgators1's Arena

OVR: 2

Neither of the ODs I'm in right now have had in problems (knock on wood) and I hope it continues to work alright. I'm on 360 btw. But I hope when they do release the patch it doesn't mess up any other aspects of the game.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:17 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

here is a top notch bug that I didnt notice when I look through this thread.

Week 6 of our OD, 4/11 guys played. Game advances the week on its own. I was the commish and am certain that I didnt advance. I played my game then two guys played their head to head game, then it magically advances. Fantastic.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:21 AM   #38
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Wow, guess I've just been lucky so far. I'm only about one year in to our OD (and the commish HAS lost a game or two to freezes) but I've had not problems (yet). It does do a weird thing where it tries to sign back into EA servers after the game, but no matter what it says, it proceeds to upload anyway. This needs to be top priority for their glitch fixers because it would mar what is otherwise a pretty solid game.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:31 AM   #39
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
It's not just xbox360 with problems. On our site we have multiple ps3 od's and these are a few major bugs that we are experiencing:

- The CPU adding and removing recruits from users boards even though cpu assist is off.
- Recruits committing to user schools even though no scholly was offered. This is big because most Od's on our site have recruiting limits.
- One user got shafted out of a chance to play in the Acc championship game because somehow Maryland had more conference wins than they did.
- A 1 loss Oklahoma got leaped by a 2 loss Bama to play in the Championship game even though 1 of those losses Bama had was to that same Oklahoma team that they leap frogged.
- Games constantly freeze all the time.
- Sometimes 2 users can't connect to play no matter how hard they try. If they wait about 24 hrs though they connect just fine again.
- One user just reported that they had a transfer fail error today and, as far as I can tell, he still can't get into the od.
- 1 user can't use a custom pb in user games because the game won't connect if he does.

You add these glitches to the well known glitches out there already and you get a group of users that are pretty frustrated.

lol, right on cue, more of us in the OD have got the transfer failed glitch lol. This one is big though because the commish can't get into the OD either lol. And no one can sign in under his name. I guess we're done until the patch. What a game! lol

Last edited by splff3000; 08-16-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:45 AM   #40
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Lots of the ODs over on TSO are having similar issues. In our OD we had our entire bowl season get simmed after several attempts by everyone to play the games only to get transfer failed. We've had several users freeze in games. We had an undefeated MSU user play and win the B1G CCG to earn his 1st national championship shot in 3 calendar years of playing in ODs, only to have it get thrown out and simmed into a loss. We haven't lost anyone due to these issues yet though.

For the freezes, I've had the most in the OD and I had even more in my offline dynasty. Mine were always in the 4th quarter (my worst one was with 23s remaining). They were always when I was on defense and they were always on a CPU pass play while the ball was in the air. After about 6 freezes I thought it might be tied to my defensive CPB (since it only happened while I was on defense) so I stopped using it and I've played about 15+ offline and OD games without a single freeze since.

CPBs seem to cause all kinds of issues with the game so if you're getting freezes, I'd suggest using normal pbs instead. Thankfully my offensive CPB hasn't caused issues so I can still use that.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »