Home

Keeping an eye on your commish

This is a discussion on Keeping an eye on your commish within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2011, 10:01 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Keeping an eye on your commish

Im in an online dynasty with 5 friends. Im getting a fishy feeling about my commish. He has had a bad season and when things are going bad I have a feeling he might resort to cheating to save his season. I know before the week is advanced you can see if a game was played more than once after the game is played. Is there a way to look back at previous weeks and still check that? I have a feeling he has played his game once and quit and now is waiting until we all finish so he can play his game again and advance it before we all know that he did that. Save all the comments about getting a new commish or quiting the league because I like the league and he really isnt a threat head to head. We have penalties if you are caught cheating and I want to bust him on it. So I can talk trash to him about cheating. Also I agree about the comments that EA should have some sort of dynasty transaction list showing if edits are being done and so forth. Please help me if you know how to check past weeks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 10:23 AM   #2
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Keeping an eye on your commish

nope theres no way to check that after the advance has taken place. and yea he could get away with it if thats what hes doing...waiting til all else are done and then replaying his game and then advancing. thats so dirty...i would never stay in a dyn where thats even a thought process i have to have. ur def a better man than me.

i do agree on a transaction list thats avail for all to see so u can know what ur commish is up to/editing. im a commish, and i just stay open with all the members every wk so all are in the loop.
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Old 08-16-2011, 12:01 PM   #3
Rookie

Well when he is no threat to beat me or others head to head I dont get to worried about. I just want to see if Im am right and make him pay the price. If you restart you are penalized for 2 weeks. Your two games are simmed and you dont get to recruit. He is LSU and I want to punish his recruiting because I am Arkansas and we are going after some of the same guys.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:07 PM   #4
Rookie

Is there a way you can tell if he edited his players like a confirmation that comes up or anything?
Old 08-16-2011, 02:48 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

Yeah some kind of transaction log showing any changes any user has made. Such as when sliders are changed, or when games are replayed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 03:00 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 4

If that is happening, you shouldn't even play in that dynasty. If your commish lacks integrity, the league is not legit.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:33 PM   #7
Rookie

When its a league of people you dont know sure you should probably leave. But mine is with friends that I enjoy playing against. I wouldnt be in it if he was changing his guys to 99, but he is already using LSU so its close anyway. Look at how many schools are getting caught right now for cheating in some way or another. I just see it as he is a low integrity school that needs to be caught cheating and punished. We have rules in place for cheating just like the real NCAA and there should be a way to monitor what goes on. Online Dynasty Commissioners now have way too much power not to be watched. Just like in my case you dont want to leave but you want the peace of mind.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:38 PM   #8
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Last year in my OD I had a very hard rule about restarts. If you restarted, you lose. If it showed a win I would throw it out and sim to a loss.

So far this year there have been so many freezes, including my own, that we've all had legit restarts because the game would freeze. Luckily this is a good group I played with last year and these guys aren't cheaters, but there is no way I could enforce a "no restarts" rule this year. But we do all come forward if there is a freeze and mention the circumstance. For instance one time I was trailing 17-7 to BYU on the road in the 3rd quarter. Even though still winnable, I replayed it and made sure I lost. Hopefully after the patch the freezing issue is fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »