Home

Still Not Fully Enjoying NCAA 12? Try Some Sliders from OSers

This is a discussion on Still Not Fully Enjoying NCAA 12? Try Some Sliders from OSers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2011, 12:41 AM   #33
Rookie

HokieTokie's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Still Not Fully Enjoying NCAA 12? Try Some Sliders from OSers

4 pages later and back on topic:

I'm pretty sure SEC's Heisman sliders are not using Patch 1.

I've played with Matt10's sliders and they're pretty good. Even with HUM QB ACC @ 0 it's pie to throw slant routes.

I'm thinking about trying some AA to see if Heisman CPU really does cheat when calling plays.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:04 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieTokie
4 pages later and back on topic:

I'm pretty sure SEC's Heisman sliders are not using Patch 1.

I've played with Matt10's sliders and they're pretty good. Even with HUM QB ACC @ 0 it's pie to throw slant routes.

I'm thinking about trying some AA to see if Heisman CPU really does cheat when calling plays.
Have fun running outside on AA when the corner hits you in the backfield because he runs directly at you on the snap of every run play. Someone posted some clips of it, It might be in the slider forum.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:25 AM   #35
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

My problem with sliders is that I only play either Online or in an Online Dyansty.

Online, you are stuck with the default sliders which are just garbage. It is a miserable game to play.

In an online dynasty, the slider set that may work great for user vs cpu games play incredibly different for user vs user games, usually much worse. So in my OD where we have a 50-50 split in user and cpu games, we have had to piece sliders together that give a decent game for both. Which really hasn't worked that well. In the end, we side with user vs user game being more realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2011, 01:40 AM   #36
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I'd recommend the OS Legends League set. Pretty much default Heisman with some small tweaks. Plays a very good game of football, imo.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 08-20-2011, 04:24 AM   #37
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygunn
Instead of trying sliders, try selling it on ebay. You'll put some coin in your pocket, and have a lot more free time instead of wasting it trying to make this POS game playable. Plus is keeps $$$ away from EA for making a broken product. Vote with your wallets folks. I for one am sick of shelling out $60 for a game that looks pretty, but ultimately plays a lousy game of football.
Most ppl are enjoying the game and waiting patiently for a patch. I've been very skeptical about NCAA football games current gen (been a fan since Bill Walsh college football) but this game is far from lousy. I just don't think it's fair at all to refer to this as a lousy game. Personally this is the first year that I know for sure I will keep this game for the entire cycle without trading it in before next year's game. I see lots of improvements and I'm not sure how anyone can deny that.

On topic I would like to thank Silent Nature and SEC for their work on AA sliders this year and last, but lately I have been using my own tweaked Varsity sliders and I'm having a grand old time. I feel the game feels more 'natural' on this level.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:37 AM   #38
Banned

psychicDB's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenFranchise10
- Sliders can't make it so the defense doesn't know exactly what play your offense is running.
Call audibles. If you are geared to running the the play you called, and only the play you called, you will never be successful in any type of football game; video game or real life.
Way to read the entire thread, bro. I'll do you a favor and copy the rest of what he wrote a few posts later:

Quote:
And the AI defenses know the exact play you're calling. There's nothing realistic or "human" about that. Even the best DC's don't know what the offense is going to run. If you come out in a 4 WR set draw, the safeties will show blitz. If you audible to a pass, the defense will adjust to cover 2. Audible back to a run and watch the defenders creep back to the LoS. You can keep audibling back and forth and watch the safeties jog around. Again, sliders don't fix this core problem.

The fact that it's impossible to outsmart the defense is a huge drawback, in my opinion.

I've even done experiments to test whether the defense reacts to my play calling. I've played a game where I ran the ball literally every play until the 4th quarter. The defense would use various run blitz packages, often bringing the safeties in and crowding the LoS. Then in the 4th quarter, I randomly ran a deep pass from the same run formation and the defense came out in a Nickel. It's pretty apparent that the defensive play calling AI is entirely based on your play call, not any sort of football strategy (tendency, personnel, down & distance).

The fact that audibles force the defense to readjust to your audible makes audibles not really audibles. Since the defense changes to whatever formation they would've chosen had you picked that play in the first place, audibles are basically just selecting a different play, as though you did it at the playcalling screen. You can't take advantage of a defensive read, since the defense will adjust once you alter the play.
On a side note, I haven't tested editing agility, but I don't intend to, either. If I have to manually edit roster settings for every LB and DB of every team I play against, then it's just not worth the time.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:17 AM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
Most ppl are enjoying the game and waiting patiently for a patch. I've been very skeptical about NCAA football games current gen (been a fan since Bill Walsh college football) but this game is far from lousy. I just don't think it's fair at all to refer to this as a lousy game. Personally this is the first year that I know for sure I will keep this game for the entire cycle without trading it in before next year's game. I see lots of improvements and I'm not sure how anyone can deny that.

On topic I would like to thank Silent Nature and SEC for their work on AA sliders this year and last, but lately I have been using my own tweaked Varsity sliders and I'm having a grand old time. I feel the game feels more 'natural' on this level.
I agree about Varsity level.....but right now it's kinda pointless to tweak sliders IMO on any level because of the patch that will eventually update some aspects of gameplay.

Once EA releases a patch then I'll probably get the itch to finally create some sliders myself......

It's hard to believe i've played this game probably once within the last 3 weeks because of the gameplay issues.

But i think once the patch drop and I grab the rosters that cparrish is editing then go to work on some sliders this game will be back in business for me.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-20-2011, 08:25 AM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychicDB
On a side note, I haven't tested editing agility, but I don't intend to, either. If I have to manually edit roster settings for every LB and DB of every team I play against, then it's just not worth the time.
Well i can definetly understand the people who simply don't want to edit anything

But i will say this those edits along with a few others actually makes this game 10x's better than anything you'll get to play with out of the box.

Imagine a game where LB's look natural and normal when jumping or a defender gets beat and his agility rating doesn't allow him to get back into the play right way

Imagine LB's and DB's taking false steps or biting on the playaction pass and the game renders a animation that you probably won't see all year simply because of the higher agility ratings that come with the game right out of the box.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »