Home

Are the XBox 1 / PS2 Games Better?

This is a discussion on Are the XBox 1 / PS2 Games Better? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2011, 04:09 PM   #25
Rookie

yoda43's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Are the XBox 1 / PS2 Games Better?

One more thing id like to say. EA could make this game a huge sucess if they just ironed out a few things. TEST, TEST, TEST your games. Pay attention to what you did right in the past. Ex; Med Redshirts, Discipline feature, Spring games, ESPN/SI Covers, Spring Drills, better controls..........<<<<<< OKAY NOW JUST COPY THAT and keep giving the graphics an OVERHAUL.

This should have made for a Moster on the next gens. Then we might all have been talking about how great NCAA football is on the next gens, and not about NBA 2k and Call of Duty. But, instead we got a massive dissapointment. This is why i think all of us finally thought this year would be different and better, because it seemed like EA was getting back to their roots. But then all the bugs just killed it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2011, 06:23 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 2

In some ways it's a catch 22...if they do what they should have did on the last transition, how excited will you be? e.g. they continue building on the game they currently have? That would suck majorly because what they have now isn't that great....if they rebuild they will most likely strip it down again and resell us all the "new" features we've already purchased 2 or 3 times in the past. I always get a kick out of these EA guys who attend the promo events as they sell us on all the new features....I'm amazed that they can do it with a straight face (let alone enthusiasm). But they do....and the 10 year olds get all excited and convince mom to buy them the new version every year.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:53 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 6

I can't wait for Madden to come out next week...

on the PS2
Old 08-23-2011, 03:15 AM   #28
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

In regards to the next gen games being stripped down, it's sad that we already see the writing on the wall.

The whole, "well, we're just learning how to prgram for these new systems" is so old.

What they WILL do is, give us a bare bones game, but throw in a feature that's never been seen before.

So you might NOT have announcers(ala Madden and the horrible radio guy), you might a very basic stripped down dynasty mode, but some new feature that we should have now will be the selling point along with, of course, graphics
Old 08-23-2011, 09:54 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 32
So when does competence and work ethic come into question? Maybe those old school development teams were just better.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:29 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

No. For nostalgia purposes ? Sure, but they aren't better.

10char.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:00 PM   #31
KOV
Rookie

OVR: 0

Much better, and it isn't rose tinted glasses either. I'm playing NCAA/madden 11 as we speak my friend. Once they reintroduce player weight and momentum I'll switch to current gen. The way players slide around the field this generation is horrible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 05:09 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3

My take on this is that with next gen you need more employees to get the job done. The coding takes longer and you need more programmers/time to do this. However I think EA (like most every corp now days) has ONE thing on their mind... $$$$$. Everything else takes a back seat (the VERY back seat mind you). As a result you get a few attributes concentrated on each year and that is it. I think they are finally getting the picture with Madden by having two teams on it now. Will they do the same with NCAA? The dollars will determine that.

I think another reason that this gen blows so hard with the details is the constant threat of legal affairs. I think that they just keep the game very generic feeling due to this. It's an unfortunate state we are in these days.

My 1cent on this (EA took my other cent )

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »