Home

A Way EA Can Put More Pass Interference Calls In The Game

This is a discussion on A Way EA Can Put More Pass Interference Calls In The Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2011, 03:48 PM   #1
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
A Way EA Can Put More Pass Interference Calls In The Game

Allow WR's, RB's and TE's to be able to get hit before the ball arrives. That would be a definite PI call.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2011, 04:59 PM   #2
Rookie

Dmarzio's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: A Way EA Can Put More Pass Interference Calls In The Game

You can actually do this already, and I've had it called on me before
Old 08-20-2011, 05:09 PM   #3
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

That's the only way I get called for pass interference. Looking at replays though, the receiver has a chance to catch it, but instead just takes the hit, yet they still flag me.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:07 PM   #4
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

Yeah that's one animation that needs to be in the game. Sometimes a defender gets to the offensive guy early. That's actually the most common trigger to getting a PI called on the defender at any level.

EA also needs to add an animation where the defender arm bars a guy and gets a PI called. This is seen mostly when a defender is having a hard time keeping up with the reciever on a crossing/fly route. Hey, I'm a steeler fan and Ike Taylor is the master at this. He should be called more often for the PI penalty but he disguises it well.

Another amimation that needs to be added is something that triggers defensive holding/illegal contact. You see this quite often when a defensive player gets out of position. Like a tight end completely getting a linebacker off balance or when a reciever gets a CB turned around and he's about to get beat deep. What does the defensive player do? He grabs hold of the offensive player. He grabs for anything he can. That's better than giving up the big play. Take the 5 yards.

So, it's not all about the defensive PI. Where's the offensive PI? Where is the animation that triggers the offensive player to push off the CB during a fade route or fly route? This usually happens where the ball hangs in the air for a while. This happens in football EA! Often times the offensive player will get away with it hense the reason that sly recievers will go for it at times.

In conclusion these animations need to be added in the game to trigger the following penalties:

Offensive pass interference/Defensive pass interference
Defensive Holding
Illegal contact

Animations

Contact with the reciever before the ball arrives (PI or Illegal contact)
Defensive arm bar on fly routes and crossing patterns (same)
Holding a player when the defender knows he's been beaten (def hold.)
Contact with the offensive player beyond 5 yards (illegal cont.)
Offensive players pushing off the defender just before the ball arrives (PI)

To my knowledge known of these animations are in the game.

Just to add off topic. It's no longer called clipping. It's illegal block in the back. Just tells you right there how much effort EA puts into the penalty side of the game that trigger these canned animations. That and the challenge system hasn't been touched since EA installed it into the game. So just take it out EA, it doesn't work properly.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:17 PM   #5
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan77

EA also needs to add an animation where the defender arm bars a guy and gets a PI called. This is seen mostly when a defender is having a hard time keeping up with the reciever on a crossing/fly route. [/b]
Grabbing a WR arm you mean? I don't think I've ever seen a CB do a flying armbar to a WR if he's getting beat.

I'd also like to CB's hook WR for picks. It's pretty much already there, the CB will get a speed boost to get the pick. Why not add the CB putting an arm around the WR quick and slow him down to get the pick. Can be called as PI too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2011, 07:39 PM   #6
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

What makes me laugh is that DBs push off to get to the ball and the still don't call it.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2011, 08:02 PM   #7
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

User controlled players can do this, but CPU players go for picks/deflections. They seem to always play the ball, not their assignment.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 08-20-2011, 10:09 PM   #8
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah this needs to be fixed.......I haven't seen a pass interference called in my games in years. I don't think ever on this generation of consoles.

You would THINK with the slider at 100, flags would be flying every pass play, but nope, nothing

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »