Home

RTG points should be goals based

This is a discussion on RTG points should be goals based within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2011, 12:46 AM   #1
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12
RTG points should be goals based

I love RTG. But what I'm not loving this year is how the experience and coach trust points work. It's a good idea to provide us with a tangible progression system in RTG, but the method of acruing these points isn't based on goals, it's based on simple success.

And I think it needs to change.

What should be in place is a goals based points progression system that awards points based on how successful you are at completing tasks per play, per game, per season.

For example: Say you're a freshman RB who's not seeing any real playing time. You get put on punt coverage and on the play call screen it displays "make tackle, +5" or something like that. You make the tackle, get your 5 points and so on. The game tracks completed goals and incomplete goals, and provides you a report showing you how you're doing with coach feedback. That way, even if you're struggling, new goals keep popping up that would allow you to make up for mistakes, etc.

A system like this emphasizes your coaching, the program, and winning over your personal talents. If you're good enough, the Glory part of RTG only emerges later in your career, when the nation starts taking notice. The way RTG works now, the Glory part is front loaded, leaving your player peaking too early and plateuing for your junior and senior year.

Maybe next year...

Last edited by goalieump413; 08-21-2011 at 12:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2011, 10:59 AM   #2
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: RTG points should be goals based

This. NHL 12 is adding something similar to this and I'm interested how it will work. It would make the first few years more rewarding and punish ppl from just padding stats all the time by Audibling plays. Makes you feel like you are part of a team

My Teams:
NCAA Football: USC Trojans
NCAA Basketball: UNC Tarheels
NFL: Houston Texans
Premier League: Arsenal
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Old 08-21-2011, 01:43 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

That's the one thing i hated about road to glory is coming in and dominating day one.
If i was a great QB in high school that does not mean as a freshman i have what it takes to lead my team to a national championship year one.

Another thing i would like is the ability to be red shirted I know people wouldn't like this but maybe you could be asked and if you accepted you would gain more skills than if you weren't red shirted.

(I know it doesn't work this way in real life but most people wouldn't agree if they were automatically red shirted and couldn't play.)
Old 08-21-2011, 01:46 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja109
That's the one thing i hated about road to glory is coming in and dominating day one.
If i was a great QB in high school that does not mean as a freshman i have what it takes to lead my team to a national championship year one.

Another thing i would like is the ability to be red shirted I know people wouldn't like this but maybe you could be asked and if you accepted you would gain more skills than if you weren't red shirted.

(I know it doesn't work this way in real life but most people wouldn't agree if they were automatically red shirted and couldn't play.)
I would love to get RSed. I could go to a with a proven SR player and RS the 1st year only practicing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »