Home

WTF is wrong with Special Teams?

This is a discussion on WTF is wrong with Special Teams? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2011, 01:19 AM   #1
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14
WTF is wrong with Special Teams?

Why the hell can't my kicker make a 35+ yard field goal. He has 92 kac and 85 kpw but the cpu can't seem to make a fg for nothing. It makes no sense that kickers that are worse than mine are 11-11, 12-13, and 17-17 with 3 and 4 50+ yard fgs while my kicker is 6-11(none blocked) with 1 missed 25 yarder, 1 missed 35 yarder, and 3 missed from 40+.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2011, 02:41 AM   #2
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: WTF is wrong with Special Teams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
Why the hell can't my kicker make a 35+ yard field goal. He has 92 kac and 85 kpw but the cpu can't seem to make a fg for nothing. It makes no sense that kickers that are worse than mine are 11-11, 12-13, and 17-17 with 3 and 4 50+ yard fgs while my kicker is 6-11(none blocked) with 1 missed 25 yarder, 1 missed 35 yarder, and 3 missed from 40+.
I've been extremely satisfied with this year's game but my nagging issue is with special teams as well, but not with the kicking game. My problem is and has been all current gen the lack of blocked kicks. There was a year last gen towards the end of the console cycle when EA implemented the special teams cam, almost the same as the defensive lock cam option we have now. What I noticed back then was timing on kicks would not always be picture perfect. There were high snaps sometimes and you would see the kicker hesitate in order to wait for the spotter to position the ball. This extra time usually led to blocked kick chances and made the game feel so dynamic from the special teams POV. This feature is needed current gen its been gone too long.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:51 AM   #3
Banned

AutoMG's Arena

OVR: 0

Aim as low as possible when kicking FG's if your not already.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:57 AM   #4
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm the OC.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:58 AM   #5
Rookie

Shankssta's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoMG
Aim as low as possible when kicking FG's if your not already.
I wish lowering the kick would actually make field goals easier to block like in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2011, 03:02 AM   #6
Banned

MrHyde's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
I've been extremely satisfied with this year's game but my nagging issue is with special teams as well, but not with the kicking game. My problem is and has been all current gen the lack of blocked kicks. There was a year last gen towards the end of the console cycle when EA implemented the special teams cam, almost the same as the defensive lock cam option we have now. What I noticed back then was timing on kicks would not always be picture perfect. There were high snaps sometimes and you would see the kicker hesitate in order to wait for the spotter to position the ball. This extra time usually led to blocked kick chances and made the game feel so dynamic from the special teams POV. This feature is needed current gen its been gone too long.
I saw a blocked extra point last night in a CPU vs CPU game.Houston at San Diego State on All American.I couldn't believe it when it happened as I've never seen one before that.I've been messing with the sliders and maybe it has something to do with Pass Blocking or Run Blocking as I have them set between 20-25.Just a theory and Speed Threshold at 40.Who knows if that has something to do with it.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:07 AM   #7
Rookie

Shankssta's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHyde
I saw a blocked extra point last night in a CPU vs CPU game.Houston at San Diego State on All American.I couldn't believe it when it happened as I've never seen one before that.I've been messing with the sliders and maybe it has something to do with Pass Blocking or Run Blocking as I have them set between 20-25.Just a theory and Speed Threshold at 40.Who knows if that has something to do with it.
The AI blocked a kick for me in a ranked match once. It was crazy. Speaking of special teams, kickoff coverage and blocking is terrible.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:37 AM   #8
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

And what level are you playing on and where is your pertinent slider set?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »