Home

Coach Prestige Edits

This is a discussion on Coach Prestige Edits within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2011, 11:53 PM   #1
Banned

tweetintoucan's Arena

OVR: 0
Coach Prestige Edits

While waiting for the latest patch, I focused more on playing the game on a trial and error basis with sliders and coach edits. I've simmed through a few seasons and it seems like I've found a prestige rating system that works out fairly well.

I started out by lowering every OC and DC down to a D rating (0 overall)
I only left a handful of head coaches who I consider to be the elite as A/A+ level prestige. (Bob Stoops, Paterno, Miles, Saban, Chizik, Chip Kelly, Mack Brown)
The next level of coaches have a C/C+ rating. These include established coaches at larger schools such as Gundy at Okie State, new, high potential coaches such as Dana Holgorsen at WVU, and older, long tenured coaches such as Schnellenberger at FAU and Bill Snyder at KSU.
Most of the coaches, about 75%, are D/D+ rated. Included with the D rated coaches are new, unproven coaches at big schools such as Brady Hoke at Mich and Fickell for my Buckeyes and pretty much everyone else.

With these ratings I've found that the absurd firings and job moving have dropped quite a bit. There are still some odd findings (Schnellenberger replaced Paterno at Penn State one year, then retired the next), but definitely not as many as with the default ratings. I also added some ex-NFLers that are coaching as coordinators. (Leon Lett, DC at ULM and Jim Jeffcoat, DC at SJSU)*******I'd also like to add that because of the profanity filter I had to change the spelling of some of the names, The I changed the Heacock bros names to Heacok, Dick Bumpas of TCU is now Richard Bumpas, etc. I tried to keep it as close to the original as I could.

Hopefully this will help alleviate the frustration of the carousel and make it a more enjoyable ride for you all.

G/T is Mr McSpliff if you would like to check them out, I believe I'm using the OS community rosters, but I'm not exactly sure.

Last edited by tweetintoucan; 08-23-2011 at 12:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 02:31 PM   #2
Banned

tweetintoucan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Coach Prestige Edits

Anyone try these? Have any feedback, odd coaching moves, etc.?
Old 08-23-2011, 11:32 PM   #3
Pro

gamemaster-2005's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Coach Prestige Edits

on my I lowered all the coordinators ratings by 10-15 points I don't know about D's though

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »