Home

Diamonds In the Rough

This is a discussion on Diamonds In the Rough within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2011, 08:05 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 38
Re: Diamonds In the Rough

There was that one kid from Bowling Green that set the NCAA receptions record.... Do you hear about him in the NFL? No.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:44 PM   #10
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Solve this by making the game consider overall AND production when determining who makes the draft class and how they're projected.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:57 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Doesn't really matter in NCAA, but it makes a HUGE difference in Madden. High overalls in Madden make a world of difference due to salary, free agency, etc.
Go Mavericks!
Go Rangers!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 08:42 PM   #12
Rookie

jarato's Arena

OVR: 0
Counter point, what about 5 and 4 star busts that actually regress throughout their career
Old 08-25-2011, 09:01 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 2

This is why I LOVE that they've opened up everyone to editing in offline dynasties. Each season I go in and create some busts and create some gems all over the NCAA.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:15 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarato
Counter point, what about 5 and 4 star busts that actually regress throughout their career
yeah, I'd really like to see them completely change up incoming recruits and progression in an upcoming version (obviously won't happen this year). We should see some 3 star players who come in and dominate by their sophomore year, and we should see 4 or 5 star players that just never get any better. It's too predictable the way it is right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcavner
This is why I LOVE that they've opened up everyone to editing in offline dynasties. Each season I go in and create some busts and create some gems all over the NCAA.
I like that idea. I might have to steal it
Old 08-25-2011, 11:04 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoqball
yeah, I'd really like to see them completely change up incoming recruits and progression in an upcoming version (obviously won't happen this year). We should see some 3 star players who come in and dominate by their sophomore year, and we should see 4 or 5 star players that just never get any better. It's too predictable the way it is right now.
In the mid-2000's PS2 games, didn't they have "Potential" ratings too? The player would be ranked anywhere from Poor to Excellent
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 06:00 PM   #16
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

one year (few games back)i had a hard time finding a middle linebacker for my ecu dynasty. when my seniors left, i only had two MLB, one had a 58 rating and the other was a walk on with a 40 rating. that 58 rating redshirted freshman made all american that year, i think he had 10 interceptions if i remember correctly.

i ended up recruiting a 5* stud that same year, so after becoming an all american, he was benched the following year and cut off the team his junior year. only time i ever felt bad about cutting a player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »