Home

cant go for it on 4th down in OC coach mode??

This is a discussion on cant go for it on 4th down in OC coach mode?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2011, 09:35 PM   #1
Rookie

bmore7's Arena

OVR: 1
cant go for it on 4th down in OC coach mode??

(ive scanned for similar posts and cant find any so I apologize in advance if I missed)

Anyway...
Im playing in offensive coach/coordinator mode (offline dynasty) and cant go for it on 4th down. Why? Are there any settings I can adjust? After 3rd down it automatically goes to the sim screen to advance to next possession.

Scenario:
Im playing as Cal, down one point in the 4th quarter with one timeout and 1:20 to go. I work the entire field, get in field goal range (around 30 yards/not out of range by any means) and its third down. I call a run play to get the ball in the center of the field but don't convert. Now its 4th with literally 2 secs left and before I can call my last timeout, it goes into the sim next possession screen!

INSTEAD of allowing me to kick my field goal it sims out a field goal miss!! I wanted to manually kick it myself. Yes, I could have kicked it on 3rd down but I wanted to position my kicker in the middle of the field so it would be a sure thing.

Why did it sim my kick? Shouldn't I have been able to call a 4th down play and execute it myself?? Is there any way to change this?

I checked all the option menus and cant find anything. I set my coach style to aggressive and nothing changes. Any suggestions?? Thank you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 09:41 PM   #2
Rookie

mistershadez's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: cant go for it on 4th down in OC coach mode??

You aren't the head coach. You do what he says. Same for 2pt conversions. Only way around 4th down is to no huddle if you know you're short on 3rd.

South Carolina Gamecocks
| Atlanta Falcons | Golden State Warriors
Old 08-23-2011, 09:43 PM   #3
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

The Head Coach makes all the 4th down calls in CC mode. You should have been able to watch that 4th down kick, but you don't have any control over the action, or any input into the decision making.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:28 AM   #4
Rookie

Knas417's Arena

OVR: 3

Dude I think if you hurry up after your 3rd down play you can call a no huddle but It will be the same play
Old 09-07-2011, 09:12 AM   #5
Rookie

sniperscout75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knas417
Dude I think if you hurry up after your 3rd down play you can call a no huddle but It will be the same play
From no huddle you can still change the play or formation. Your information is incorrect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 09:24 AM   #6
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14

If you go into no huddle you can go for it on 4th. Other than that it is a HC decision

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger
Old 09-07-2011, 09:51 AM   #7
Rookie

awil1026's Arena

OVR: 0

This will always happen and i got tired of it as a Louisville OC, so at a time that where it didnt matter in the game, maybe second quarter, I tried a hurry-up on offense on third down and lined up in the field goal formation and had the QB kick the ball, and it was good from maybe 25-30 yards, maybe longer. Now i know this isnt realistic but it much better than having the dumb A.I. kick and miss from inside that distance. But then again, maybe user kicking is too automatic, and i do think that there should be fluctuations with accuracy in key moments. Maybe you could also designate a formation where the kicker is the QB and you just run the ball to prepare for these situations and run no-huddle field goal. I havent tried that but it most likely will work better than the QB kicking. And also, the RB holding the ball shows how little of an impact Special Teams really has on this game.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:07 PM   #8
Rookie

pulseox's Arena

I'm new to the game and also play Coach mode as the OC. Just out of curiosity-if the OC picks the offensive calls and the DC the defensive calls-just what do you do when you play as Head Coach? Just decide whether or not to accept penaltys and if to go for it or kick a FG?

Sounds pretty boring to be the Head Coach!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »