Home

Powerhouse Programs?

This is a discussion on Powerhouse Programs? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2011, 02:58 PM   #17
Rookie

Shankssta's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Powerhouse Programs?

I am using UConn in my dynasty. I made it to the Big East championship after 3 years (I put 16 teams in the Big East), but got destroyed by WVU. Now I can recruit a couple of 5 stars, some 4 stars, and a lot of 3 stars.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:00 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah I'm WSU in my dynasty as well and it is a challenge both playing and recruiting. But there was no better feeling than when I upset #2 Oregon in OT and landed 4* recruit at TE. It makes it more realistic because you are forced.to focus on recruits in your pipeline states.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:01 PM   #19
Rookie

jwmcards's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
*Limited* to 4-stars or less huh? try gettin a bunch of 4-stars interested in Colorado in your 1st year then get back to me lol....Clemson's always been able to pull in quality recruiting classes...Indiana's a good choice to rebuild...no way in hell i'm using a non-power conference 1* school...that's jus askin for wayy too much
Yeah, limited to 4 so no one took a 5 or 6 team. I didn't say Clemson was a huge challenge to recruit for. The same ACC OD I was in for 11 last year I took Virginia, so this year I wanted to start a little better. State was taken.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:03 PM   #20
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeOldTOnk
Oh, they were mighty at one time....late 90's - early 00's they were a top 20 team. Don't forget that Rose Bowl win...in 1916.
hold on...lemme ask my grandma if she remembers lol
Old 08-25-2011, 03:06 PM   #21
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmcards
Yeah, limited to 4 so no one took a 5 or 6 team. I didn't say Clemson was a huge challenge to recruit for. The same ACC OD I was in for 11 last year I took Virginia, so this year I wanted to start a little better. State was taken.
my bad....i thought u meant the type of recruits and not the school
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 03:15 PM   #22
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm an alum of Texas so I always start a personal Dynasty with Texas. usually try to carry it along as long as possible. I had a really great one back on the xbox during the return to prominence days. won 2 MNC games in roughly 10 seasons.

as for online dynasty, it is more fun to avoid powerhouses.

we have a 3* dynasty(also couldn't be in the top25 at the beginning of the year). we initially started with everyone pairing up into 2s and picking teams within conferences, 2 in BigEast, 2 in B1G and so on.

we have some interesting story lines that broke out with Baylor locked into the Title game and 2 other teams needing to win their CCG to hopefully jockey for the #2 BCS rank. then there are the rest of us that are either middle25 ranking or trying to break into top25. outside of Baylor we have had some real close competition, Baylor has had insane amounts of luck.(OU lost Landry Jones going into their matchup, OSU was missing Weeden and Blackmon, Aggy is terrible in this league and no other competition.

We even had Purdue start the season 4-4 looking terrible and somehow manage to pull off upsets of Wisc and Ohio State, the they watched Wisc, Ohio State and PSU choke against each other so that unranked Purdue is now going to the B1G CCG with a 8-4 record but holding a tie breaker over #8 Wisc.

we all seem to have cross pollination in recruiting, some more than others but it is fun with 3* teams fighting over a lot of 3* recruits and a few prized 4* recruits.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:43 PM   #23
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
Haha very funny....last time i checked FSU wasn't coached by Jim Tressel nor have any the players sold memorabilia in exchange for tattoos......and i'm more of a Colorado then Colorado State guy as far as uni's are concerned....black and gold babyy!!!!...just like my Steelers lol
Hold on u crossed the line and I'm a fan of both but don't forget Peter Warrick or Snoop Minnis. Don't act like ur history is squeaky clean!!!!

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 08-25-2011, 04:47 PM   #24
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Hold on u crossed the line and I'm a fan of both but don't forget Peter Warrick or Snoop Minnis. Don't act like ur history is squeaky clean!!!!
haha...no program is squeaky clean....i just have a disease called selective memory

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »