Home

Why did EA take out UGA's Black Uni's?

This is a discussion on Why did EA take out UGA's Black Uni's? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2011, 08:02 PM   #25
All Star

BGarrett7's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Why did EA take out UGA's Black Uni's?

The problem isn't too much red, it's too much Nike.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 09:45 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2
I have been using uga for my dynasty on the second season and haven't seen them. I think it'd be kind of cool unis

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2011, 11:28 PM   #27
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
Kind of upsetting UGA would ask them to remove those uniforms. Too much of a big deal was made about the uniforms in the 2nd and 3rd games they were used (and in the first, but that game was won).

I think these nike pro combat uniforms for Georgia are hideous, but hopefully they are put in the game to give some variety.
I'm not sure the 2nd time was a big deal - that was the Sugar Bowl where UGA murdered Colt Brennan. The 3rd time was the uggo game against Bama and the 4th was the Grambling State uni-nightmare against Florida.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Old 08-28-2011, 04:50 AM   #28
All Star

OVR: 8

I forgot that UGA wore those against Hawaii. I was thinking it was Auburn in 2007 then Alabama in 2008. Then 2009 they wore the black helmets and pants (which I seem to be the only Georgia fan who liked those). So I guess it is just all the times after the 2007-2008 season concluded that people were upset with them.

That is shocking to me that they wouldn't have a system in place for that. Especially with the popularity these Nike Pro uniforms have gained in general and their unveiling for the first game of the year for some teams.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:20 PM   #29
All Star

BGarrett7's Arena

OVR: 16
If I recall correctly, they had a system in place a few years ago, but it got took out for some reason or another.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:17 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 6

Let's see... Georgia wears black jerseys against Bama in a blackout game, beat down.

UF wears white helmets against Bama in SECCG, beatdown.

Roll tide.

Hey Bama spent years on probation being a POS team, I am going to get my shots in where I can now that they are doing well again.
..."And there's a frequent bug that turns the receivers' route markers into dancing squiggly lines. None of these problems destroy the fun of running a perfect option play, but they do take you out of what should be an immersive experience."....

Last edited by smoove7; 08-29-2011 at 02:19 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »