Home

PA Boot Screen

This is a discussion on PA Boot Screen within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2011, 12:32 PM   #9
Rookie

bccards13's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: PA Boot Screen

Those that say you are successful with it please share some more secretes than just setting it up right. Is your QB a good scrambler? Do you have good linemen staying in to block? Are you even making it to the HB or just tossing it up to a receiver? This isn't really for me because I never choose this play its more of a RTG thing that I need to figure out because my QB is getting laid out on this play. Its gotten my guy injured for 2 week for petes sake.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:49 PM   #10
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bccards13
Those that say you are successful with it please share some more secretes than just setting it up right. Is your QB a good scrambler? Do you have good linemen staying in to block? Are you even making it to the HB or just tossing it up to a receiver? This isn't really for me because I never choose this play its more of a RTG thing that I need to figure out because my QB is getting laid out on this play. Its gotten my guy injured for 2 week for petes sake.
SPD for scrambling doesn't matter. Linemen stats don't matter either. I dunno about setting up the PA Boot Screens in other formations, but in Tight you throw the ball to the HB the instant the QB releases out of the play fake.

Better advice: if you're playing as RTG QB, call an audible. If you haven't unlocked audibles yet, call a TO. I've found that the CPU cheats towards attacking your QB in RTG (try running a read option - even with a correct read the crashing DE will cut back and kill-tackle you a lot of the time) so you're better off just checking out of the play.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Old 08-27-2011, 01:20 PM   #11
Rookie

bccards13's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WipeOut464
Better advice: if you're playing as RTG QB, call an audible. If you haven't unlocked audibles yet, call a TO. I've found that the CPU cheats towards attacking your QB in RTG (try running a read option - even with a correct read the crashing DE will cut back and kill-tackle you a lot of the time) so you're better off just checking out of the play.
Heres the problem with checking out of the play for me. I use just about all my play call changes in the final minutes of the game so I can get my comeback going because lets face it the playcalling in RTG is a joke. And calling a timeout isn't helpful unless the play is in the first half. So I would much rather deal with one PA Boot a game than lose an audible or timeout.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 05:35 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

I scored a long touchdown on it once. Every other time I've gotten sacked.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:40 PM   #13
Rookie

IrishNDFan's Arena

OVR: 0

My team:

Arizona State running Oregon State's playbook
O-Linemen average around 79-81 overall
QB is a 79 overall and is a Pocket passer
HB is an 89 overall, with 92 speed.

I have run it with success twice. The first time, I threw it to the hb as soon as the icon came up, and he gained 4 yards. The second time I hit him up for a 7 yard gain. The other 4 times I have run this have ended up as sacks, with my QB fumbling the ball once. Since the defense gets through so effectively on that play, my fumble was quickly scooped up by the opposing team.

Thus, I am hesitant to run it again.

Last edited by IrishNDFan; 08-27-2011 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Added playbook I was using
Old 08-27-2011, 07:21 PM   #14
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Sliding protection helps out.

Still hit or miss.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »