Home

Wednesday, August 31st. AKA....Judgement Day

This is a discussion on Wednesday, August 31st. AKA....Judgement Day within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2011, 06:20 PM   #33
All Star

BGarrett7's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Wednesday, August 31st. AKA....Judgement Day

I buy maybe five to ten games a year, so, no, in all honesty, this debacle has in no way effected whether I will or will not purchase NCAA next season. I don't have a lot of time to play these days, but when I do, I'm still able to sit down and enjoy myself. I do feel the game could the game be better and have I been checking OS repeatedly almost everyday to see if the patch has been released, however, it hasn't put any kind of damper on the fact I spent $60 on it to have the game on release day. I played probably ten seasons combined of NCAA 11 last year between two dynasties, but I also had a lot more time on my hands last summer/fall. This year, I've played probably a dozen or so games and tooled around with RTG a little, but, like I said, I haven't found anything to be crippling enough for me to completely write off a game I've enjoyed since the Bill Walsh era.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:05 AM   #34
Prime Time

Leon Sandcastle's Arena

OVR: 13

I know one thing after this whole mishap NCAA 13 should be the best game from the NCAA franchise or a lot of dedicated fans will not be interested at all for there are bugs in this game and it should not take this long to fix
Old 08-28-2011, 12:03 PM   #35
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6

Deus Ex has stepped into my life and has made me shelve NCAA for the time being. EA could at least throw us a bone and give us some kind of information on the release date. The month and year would be great for starters, lol.

They also need to release the code for the other PC uniforms or at least tell us if/when they will be available to dl.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 01:39 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 20

The patch better fix a lot more than is being reported.

I could care less about crowd atmosphere. I want to see the option properly blocked. I want to see the momentum thing work at the GL. I want to see players act like they should, such as a DE who crashes on the option stopping on a dime, reverse pivoting and grabbing the QB from behind disappear.

I want to see DL guys with vertical leaps of 2" like most should have.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:17 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I don't really care. EA will do what they want, you all will continue to buy it. Noone will learn a lesson. Sliders will always have to be made, glitches will always be there, big glitches will be more glaring.

I've accepted it, EA football is a video game, and logic is not going to be an element that is obtainable for the majority of their video games.

An alternate platform would be the best idea for EA from those of us frustrated with consoles, and waiting for DLCs. I'm talking about the need for both NCAA and Madden needing to come back to the PC. There were hardly any issues, and if there were - they were fixable.
Id love it if That would happen. I was a little younger and not into gaming much when it was available for computers, but my dad would play madden on coach mode on the pc and it looked awesome. I'd love to be able to play it anywhere on my laptop.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:23 PM   #38
Rookie

Hey_Rebby's Arena

OVR: 7

here's something I never understood...do the developers build a new game each cycle or are they able to pick up where they left off on the previous version? I don't understand why, after 5 years there still are things they can't get right. They say there isn't enough time to get everything in. Why don't they take the game where it is now and work off of it to make NCAA 13?
Old 08-29-2011, 01:44 AM   #39
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Judgement Day be damned!

I'm done with this travesty. On top of the plethora of other problems, I just experienced my fourth and final freeze in my fourth different My Player file. I can't take this anymore.

I just filled out the trade-in form on Amazon and will get $33.75 in credit for it, which I'll apply towards NBA 2k12 (in addition to the $20 credit I already have for Madden 12, making NBA 2k12 pretty much free).

Even if the alleged patch fixes many of the issues, I'll be playing Madden anyway for my football fix. And when NBA 2k12 drops I might not even be playing Madden anymore.

I'm tired of waiting for a fix for NCAA, and I'm extremely put off by the developers' lack of acknowledgement and failure to communicate with the masses (they didn't seem to have any reservations about being all over these boards prior to the game's release. Once it's out and the bugs are discovered, it's no coincidence that those same guys have disappeared).

I'm out. And this time, they're not going to puuuuulllllllll me back in!!

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 08-29-2011, 03:13 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

I purchased this game with hopes and dreams of grandeur. It received countless accolades and very high praise upon release (it was even noted as being *the last college football game you will ever need to buy because of custom conferences!*).

I had no intention of flipping this game so soon, but after 6 weeks of this debacle and *still* no solution I am going to trade it in tomorrow after my morning class. I have never played a feaking video game (cause it is just a game) that has left a sour taste in my mouth, but NCAA did it.

Whether it be because of the 2 online dynasties I had to quit because of EA not getting my results/counting games I won as loses... or my game freezing at inopportune times...or custom confernces being broken....or not being able to play the game with named rosters without gravely compromising the gameplay itself...or not being able to even edit so much as a wrist band without the gameplay being compromised.. this game has really been a colossal disappointment. Perhaps if the NCAA crew spent more time working the kinks out of their *baby* instead of filming a giant circle jerk and holding eating contests for money then maybe I would not feel so burned.

Alas, I am flipping it because quite frankly I have run out time for NCAA. With Madden, NHL, NBA 2K12, FIFA, and MW3 on the way... NCAA itself made the decision easy for me when it came to deciding which games I want to spend free time with and which games I will have no more time for(and as it is, it seems NCAA's disease has already infected Madden because of Importing Draft and RTG appearance issues).

NCAA 12 is the Alexandre Daigle of sporting games. For you non hockey fans, look it up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »