Home

EA online policy change?

This is a discussion on EA online policy change? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2011, 02:19 AM   #1
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12
EA online policy change?

Started NCAA 12 tonight, and a new privacy/policy screen shows up. It warns me quite vociferously that if I don't accept these new terms, online features will be disabled? WTF is this?!

In the midst of all the problems we've been experiencing with their, to put it mildly, incomplete game, now they're forcing us to accept some new legaleze policy change if we WANT to play features of the game we've already payed for?

Hey, maybe it would be a better idea to get out in front of the problems with the game first, fix those, and THEN hand us a new policy to accept. Just a thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 04:17 AM   #2
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: EA online policy change?

I just had this too. Also, my custom offensive playbook has been reduced to 2 formations. Did they apply some internal game patch of some kind?
Old 08-27-2011, 05:03 AM   #3
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413
Started NCAA 12 tonight, and a new privacy/policy screen shows up. It warns me quite vociferously that if I don't accept these new terms, online features will be disabled? WTF is this?!

In the midst of all the problems we've been experiencing with their, to put it mildly, incomplete game, now they're forcing us to accept some new legaleze policy change if we WANT to play features of the game we've already payed for?

Hey, maybe it would be a better idea to get out in front of the problems with the game first, fix those, and THEN hand us a new policy to accept. Just a thought.
Why do you have a problem with this? Every company is like this. Apple does this with ITunes. I mean you act like they took online gaming away. Sony does this with a new update. You have to download the new update. Just a part of life. Every now and then companies update their policy/privacy information.

Do you really care where I sent this from?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 08-27-2011, 09:14 AM   #4
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
I find it funny that this new policy is out before the patch.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Old 08-27-2011, 09:29 AM   #5
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413

...It takes 30 seconds to accept, it's not a huge deal. Almost every company updates their terms and conditions.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 10:51 AM   #6
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
...It takes 30 seconds to accept, it's not a huge deal. Almost every company updates their terms and conditions.
In the grand scheme of things, it may not be a "huge deal." But for a game that's been out 6 weeks now and to have all the constant freezing that this one does, all the bugs, all the "new" features that are messed up, a new policy is just another slap in the face of the consumer.

There was a time... long ago... when America as a nation, cared about it's people and the product it sold to them. Whatever that product was, the companies stood behind. If it was broken, they replaced it or refunded your money.

I'm sure Will Hunting could find the obscure law that would allow for EA to be sued for their constant false advertising and lack of general support.

And the funniest part is... in 10 and 1/2 months... the people will have the opportunity to have their word when '13 releases. Let's hope that people don't forget and don't fall in love w/ brand new features while DB's morph through WR's for interceptions and the bands are sitting in the right spot in the stadiums but brain dead WR's don't even look for passes that hit them right in the head, or the fact that certain offenses are promoted as being... ahem... "in the game"... when really, those offenses are about 0.03% represented.

It's in the game... yeah... Glitches galore? Yep, it's in the game. Bugs and constant freezing? It's in the game. DB's and LB's that can do what no human could ever accomplish? It's in the game. Stale, bland commentary that's been unchanged for God knows how long? It's in the game. Teambuilder that hasn't been touched or improved one iota since it first released? It's in the game. CPU that gets away w/ cheating? It's in the game. WR's that run out of bounds, then come back in bounds and are first to touch the ball and no penalty is called? It's in the game. CPU that can recover fumbles while standing out of bounds, yet still be awarded the ball? It's in the game.

Shall I go on?

Old 08-27-2011, 11:04 AM   #7
All Star

BGarrett7's Arena

OVR: 16

It's aweso.. er, depressi... er, interesting how a change in the online policy -- which was likely only to change the wording in one sentence in the entire policy -- can be turned into yet another argument about how EA can't bring the goods...
Old 08-27-2011, 12:28 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4
Smile Re: EA online policy change?

I got it too, it's not a big deal.
MLB:New York Mets
NFL:San Francisco 49ers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »