Home

I'm soooo sick of the Dirty Disk errors!

This is a discussion on I'm soooo sick of the Dirty Disk errors! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2003, 11:14 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: I\'m soooo sick of the Dirty Disk errors!

Do you leave the remote sensor (from the DVD remote) in one of the controller ports when you play? I read some of the FAQs on EA's website and that was one of the things mentioned in it.

I removed the remote sensor from the system and I played 1 game without any lockups or slow-downs. Usually I get the DDE error if I play 2 or 3 games in a row. Admittedly, I haven't played NCAA much since I've been playing Madden, but I'm hopeful that this might resolve the issue.
Old 09-12-2003, 03:09 PM   #10
* d*n't b*l**v* *n g*ns.

snivlem's Arena

OVR: 12

that's not the solution. when my brother and I played last years version on different xboxs, we both got ddes and only he had the dongle thing in.
Old 09-12-2003, 03:18 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

I have not had a lockup on the PS2 ever no matter what game I play. It sounds like a Windows problem...oops forgot, XBOX is built by the Windows guy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2003, 01:24 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:

preclose said:
Quote:

soce said:
The dirty disk thing has guaranteed that I will be going to the PS3 when it comes out. I don't care if it is Microsoft's first console. The PS1 NEVER did this [censored you naughty boy]!!!

Well....MY ps1 and plenty of others had soemthing wrong w/ the motor and you'd have to place the console upside -down to get it to work. But it still worked.

Yup i've gone thru four PS2 since launch with various problems. Thank goodness for Best Buys 2 year extended warranty. I went thru my share of PS1's as well. The Nintendo machines have been trouble free for me(N64 and Cube).

The good thing about the Xbox is if it's out of coverage you can easily take it apart. I've fixed it twice and it's been pretty solid since, and this is from the first batch of Xboxes shipped in Nov 01.

Old 09-13-2003, 11:16 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

Rodster said:
Quote:

preclose said:
Quote:

soce said:
The dirty disk thing has guaranteed that I will be going to the PS3 when it comes out. I don't care if it is Microsoft's first console. The PS1 NEVER did this [censored you naughty boy]!!!

Well....MY ps1 and plenty of others had soemthing wrong w/ the motor and you'd have to place the console upside -down to get it to work. But it still worked.

Yup i've gone thru four PS2 since launch with various problems. Thank goodness for Best Buys 2 year extended warranty. I went thru my share of PS1's as well. The Nintendo machines have been trouble free for me(N64 and Cube).

The good thing about the Xbox is if it's out of coverage you can easily take it apart. I've fixed it twice and it's been pretty solid since, and this is from the first batch of Xboxes shipped in Nov 01.

The simple solution to you having to get 4 ps2's is the fact, you probably play it too much. Add that to the fact you may also play it for extended periods of time without a break and you dont clean the inside with compressed air WEEKLY.

My brother has gone through 2 since the summer of 2001, almost one system a year.

I've had my xbox for awhile and I use it abit and its workin' good.
Old 09-13-2003, 12:57 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 15

True, but what I was saying is any electronic device can fail. Some have had no problems with their Xbox, PS2 or Gamecube and others have. Using a device a lot might mean earlier breakdowns than some who hardly use their system. But i'm sure there are those who have problems with their system and don't use it much.

I was one of them. I hardly used my Xbox and all of a sudden I started have problems. Fortunately I took it apart and fixed it. So all is good now. I used my PS2's on average of 10-15 hours a week. And the problems were different with each machine.

The bottom line is if each company released their failure rate it would probably be similar. I've read that the average for all three machines are in the 2% percent range.
Old 09-18-2003, 04:07 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

1st this is an ea sports problem! Last year I had few lockups, this year, I can't sim a season without a dde, get the dde after playing 2,3 games in a row, or sometimes it won't load at all!
I have never had a problem with any other game I have put in the xbox! Last year madden worked fine not one lockup, this year I can't even play a full came on 8minute quaters!
That is bull, ea should have fixed the problem, the xbox owners payed just as much for the game as ps2! I can't decide if I wan't to shell out the 50bucks nex't week for tiger woods or nascar if I can't play it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2003, 09:05 PM   #16
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

I did that 1.800.4.my.xbox and it didn't help all that much. My system kept freezing while I was playing Ghost Recon, then prior to that when I'd try to exit a game in NFL2K3, and a few months before that with NCAA 2003(which I returned). I really couldn't take it anymore and I wanted to get it fixed so we called them and they send a box to you and you send the xbox in the box.

I got it back but the only thing is I haven't played much of those games since(NFL2K3 being the only one but only 3 or 4 games). But I have to say that NCAA 2004 has froze up twice: once before my very first game and once during my first game after about a week not playing(vacation).

So you may want to consider that... and I think it's FREE too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »