Home

Best Buy demo

This is a discussion on Best Buy demo within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2011, 01:40 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Best Buy demo

Everything depends on your room. If you can get the room the TV is going to be in dark or at least without any direct light on the screen go w/ the plasma. Plasma run higher refresh speeds per $$ but the screen is glass and will reflect poorly. LCD's dont reflect but they also cannot light only part of the screen so your blacks arent actually black. also, if you get a lower end lcd then the refresh is going to be lower (60hz, 120hz) and you can get motion blur. If you dont have a window where the sun shines through directly behind where your tv is going to be then go w/ plasma. As far as the game looking crappy, I have a 60 inch Panasonic Viera and the game looks beautiful. Talk to the guys at best buy or wherever and ask their opinion, most of them probably game and have a lot of knowledge about tv's. The two best pieces of advice I could give you is spend the $$ for a good set, and get a dvd to calibrate it. Dont leave it on the same screen settings it comes with because that is just a waste
Old 08-30-2011, 10:44 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

LED LCD 240hz is the way to go. The colors are amazing and the black color is black (not grayish or lightened).

I have a 40" LCD and NCAA doesnt look all that great. I think NCAA 11 might look even better. I am going to try and change the TV resolution to 720p and see if that helps.

All of the teams logos in the center of the field are blocky and there are jags all over the place. The cutscenes look fine, but actual gameplay....not so much.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:55 AM   #19
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

There's no denying that plasma will give you a better picture. I've played the game on all 3 of my (42" in living room, 32" in my man room, and 32" in the bed room) LCD TV's and they look fine but I've also calibrated all 3 TV's and none of these are high end. They are all 60hz wal-mart jobs.
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Old 08-30-2011, 11:59 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'd recommend getting a LED TV, but the game looks great on my 47LCD, im not seeing any jaggies.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:14 PM   #21
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Buy an Optoma HD projector for around $600 bucks and build a custom big screen to put on your wall.

End result is a screen that is 100" or larger (depending on the size of your room) and you spent less money than if you bought a tv with a screen half the size.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 02:17 PM   #22
Rookie

LoganSf's Arena

Well I went out and purchased a 32" LG LED-LCD Tv, and I am experiencing more jaggies than what I had on my older Tube television, although it is far from as bad as what they had going on with the Demo at best buy. What calibration needs to be done in order to tone it down a bit? Also, the menus do appear to be washed out, I remember people complaining about that back in July, is there anything I can do for that?
Old 08-30-2011, 02:34 PM   #23
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganSf
Well I went out and purchased a 32" LG LED-LCD Tv, and I am experiencing more jaggies than what I had on my older Tube television, although it is far from as bad as what they had going on with the Demo at best buy. What calibration needs to be done in order to tone it down a bit? Also, the menus do appear to be washed out, I remember people complaining about that back in July, is there anything I can do for that?
There is very basic calibration feature on the game disc. You can also have best buy professionally calibrate it or if you have any old DVD's laying around that are THX certified they have what is called the "THX optimizer" on them which works really well.

Will this eliminate all the jaggies? No. You should see a noticeable difference and better overall picture though.
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk

Last edited by doubledeuceR6; 08-30-2011 at 02:39 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:54 PM   #24
Rookie

LoganSf's Arena

Yea one of the definite differences i can point out now that is similar to what i saw in the game set up at best buy is that the fake grass on the play windows behind the plays that you pick is much much darker than what it was on my old tv.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »