Home

I think a EA/Natural Motion partnership would benefit both parties

This is a discussion on I think a EA/Natural Motion partnership would benefit both parties within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2011, 09:40 AM   #1
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
I think a EA/Natural Motion partnership would benefit both parties

I think EA would get the use of a physics engine and get a jump on next gen games. I think Natural Motion would get some schooling in football behavior which they have mentioned is a downfall of there's. I don't think there is much competition between the two and they both stand to gain something. And even if it dissolves I think both parties can look back and say it was benefical. What do you think?

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 09:56 AM   #2
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: I think a EA/Natural Motion partnership would benefit both parties

I would love it, but EA wont want to rewrite their engine to do it. Plus EA has invested heavily in MoCap, so even though switching to physics based would be better, its not going to happen for a while. Heres to hoping for next gen
Old 08-31-2011, 10:19 AM   #3
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

Honestly, no football title is going to be elite in this age if it isn't physics based. Before anyone takes it out of context, Backbreaker isn't elite, it's a glorified Euphoria demo.

I'd love to see them do it because Euphoria in the right hands is beautiful (NM is Euphoria right?) namely looked at RDR and such, obviously if it's overexaggerated (BB) it will just leave me without buying a game, but it's annoying being stuck in canned animations when in real life players would be doing anything and everything they could for that extra yard, to make the block, to make the tackle.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:31 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

EA will only do this if they believe it will make them more money than getting Frank on his coffee break to do some quick mocap. For once though, I believe this would draw a whole lot more attention(and hence money) if they were to implement a true physics system because they would be able to say they truly overhauled something. As an added plus, they wouldn't have to do all the work if they joined up with a separate studio for their physics engine, and that would also mean the engine would be less glitchy with more people from multiple studios working on it.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:38 AM   #5
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
Honestly, no football title is going to be elite in this age if it isn't physics based. Before anyone takes it out of context, Backbreaker isn't elite, it's a glorified Euphoria demo.

I'd love to see them do it because Euphoria in the right hands is beautiful (NM is Euphoria right?) namely looked at RDR and such, obviously if it's overexaggerated (BB) it will just leave me without buying a game, but it's annoying being stuck in canned animations when in real life players would be doing anything and everything they could for that extra yard, to make the block, to make the tackle.
Yes, Euphoria is NM. What ur saying is why I think it makes sense to do. It would rid us of most of the problems with this gen (psychic db reaction, blocking, trajectory, super LB, etc).

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »