Home

New Uniforms?

This is a discussion on New Uniforms? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2011, 09:07 PM   #25
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: New Uniforms?

i don't think getting permission from the schools would be an issue. Point is, there is a way to do it. They may not have set up this years game to be able to do it but that's not to say it can't be done. If you go by what Ben and the guys from EA say they make it sound like it can't be done. Maybe they hope that will stop people from asking and they won't have to worry about doing that as well. And i think there is more reason to have it in a college football game than the NBA game. More teams have inaccurate uniforms in NCAA Football than they do in NBA 2k. 2k adds alternates and special uniforms. EA would then be able to at least update the uniforms that they have incorrect because they might not have had the new uniforms in time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 09:11 PM   #26
All Star

BGarrett7's Arena

OVR: 16

They have never said it can't be done, all they've said is that it can't be done in NCAA 12.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:48 PM   #27
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

They need to find a way to do it because NCAA 12 just doesn't feel like 12 when half the teams in the game have different uniforms. Maybe it doesn't bother you, but I'm a freak when it comes to having the game as up to date as possible.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:48 PM   #28
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

Dang...I wish I could have VA Tech's orange pants in the game....That would look sick with the orange helmet and jersey, or orange helmet and the maroon jersey.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:03 AM   #29
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
why would there be no way to do this? Have the NCAA team ever seen the DLC other games do? Madden had DLC, games like Call of Duty add new maps months after the game is out, NBA 2k always releases codes for the new All Star uniforms and some of the newer uniforms teams come out with.

Last year the Orlando Magic busted out new black uniforms and NBA 2k later came out with a code for those uniforms. So how come they can do it but the NCAA team can't?

I'd pay for a DLC of new uni's released in Sept or Oct or whenever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i don't think getting permission from the schools would be an issue. Point is, there is a way to do it. They may not have set up this years game to be able to do it but that's not to say it can't be done. If you go by what Ben and the guys from EA say they make it sound like it can't be done. Maybe they hope that will stop people from asking and they won't have to worry about doing that as well. And i think there is more reason to have it in a college football game than the NBA game. More teams have inaccurate uniforms in NCAA Football than they do in NBA 2k. 2k adds alternates and special uniforms. EA would then be able to at least update the uniforms that they have incorrect because they might not have had the new uniforms in time.

2K doesn't add any uniforms into their games, they give you codes to unlock uniforms that are already in the game once they have actually been worn/ are allowed to be released by the teams. With the NFL, NBA and NHL they designate what uniforms they will wear before the season starts (notice how each team in the NHL designates when they will wear their 3rd Jerseys, as does the NFL), its about protecting their brands and they make sure the brand is protected in all the incarnations (including video games). This means the developers know what the uniforms will look like before they are even revealed in most cases as they want them to be correctly represented in the game. The Seahawks uniforms from 09 were on the Madden 10 disc, they were hidden until the seahawks/NFL okayed their reveal, the next patch undid the hiding.

Madden does have the ability to update/tweak uniforms though on top of including all them on the disc.

FIFA is another one that patches in new uniforms, and the new NHL game will involve some kind of uniform updating as the Winnipeg Jets stuff was not revealed until the after the game was finalized.

Its possible but NCAA currently doesn't have the ability.

It is disappointing when they are constantly a year behind on some teams (in Tech's case they haven't been right since 08, because we keep changing things up, I really wish we could have gotten the gold number into this year's game).
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Old 09-01-2011, 01:15 AM   #30
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
W/ Colorado changing their helmet to match their gold pants, please EA get their helmet right from now on. To make it simple for you... juts make their helmet the same color as Idaho!
I have never understood why making a gold helmet for Colorado would be so difficult in real life and in a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikolec
I think the EA Sports team needs to take a major look into incorporating updating/adding uniforms via tuners/patches/DLC for the new uniforms that come out after the game is released/for the season.
I agree 100%

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 09-01-2011, 01:23 AM   #31
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
They need to find a way to do it because NCAA 12 just doesn't feel like 12 when half the teams in the game have different uniforms. Maybe it doesn't bother you, but I'm a freak when it comes to having the game as up to date as possible.
Thank you! I buy NCAA every year to feel the excitement of THAT specific football season. This was a huge gripe I had with NCAA 11 and using Colorado; they did not have the correct uniforms in the game, and it was bothersome playing as Colorado with the wrong uniforms in every game. I had to create a Colorado team on Teambuilder to be able to play with the correct jerseys. Sure teambuilder is an option, but isn't EA's slogan "if it's in the game, it's in the game?"

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »