Home

Can someone explain to me how the arm build slider works?

This is a discussion on Can someone explain to me how the arm build slider works? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2011, 02:40 PM   #1
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4
Can someone explain to me how the arm build slider works?

If its at zero it seems to make bigger arms for my lineman but every other postion it seems to work as it should is this right or is my mind just playing tricks on me?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 03:28 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Can someone explain to me how the arm build slider works?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjnesb
If its at zero it seems to make bigger arms for my lineman but every other postion it seems to work as it should is this right or is my mind just playing tricks on me?
It is broken. Sometimes zero is bigger, sometimes 100 is. Also, what you see is not what you'll get (often), they'll be smaller in game. Also, some guys just have skinny arms and they'll always be skinny and there is nothing you can do about it... except cut them after the season (which is what I do).

Last night I played USC and their MLB (season 3 in dynasty, he was a computer-generated player) had two twigs sticking out of his torso. He looked like something my kid would draw.

It is my personal pet peeve with this game.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:44 PM   #3
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

Well that sucks I hope the patch fixes it cause my NCAA players looked really crazy in madden and were too thin had skinny arms etc
Old 08-31-2011, 04:49 PM   #4
MVP

TheVinylHippo's Arena

OVR: 7

Yeah, this is one of my most favorite things about this game. I love how they make Emmanuel Acho's arms look like Scott Steiner's every year in this game.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:06 PM   #5
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

This is something that has been broken for a while now. At least since '09. Every year I've been hoping they'd fix it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 05:20 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVinylHippo
Yeah, this is one of my most favorite things about this game. I love how they make Emmanuel Acho's arms look like Scott Steiner's every year in this game.
But you can at least edit them down.

If someone's arms are skinny - chances are you're stuck. Plus, as has been mentioned in other arm threads, the arms and models are position specific so certain models will always be stuck with the skinny arms (such as RB, TE). I recruit DE's for LBers, OTs for TEs, LBers for SS, and FBs for HBs and then switch positions and edit the ratings (house rule is if he was a 3* OT he is a 3* TE - to keep my recruiting honest). It is not a "game breaker" but it is busted and a frustrating and continual oversight by the designers.

Last edited by mcavner; 08-31-2011 at 05:49 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:24 PM   #7
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

Well my main problem is it cause rookies to look crazy as hell in Madden all my O line and DT look like Tight ends and EA will let us edit ratings and everything but height weight and body sliders smh
Old 08-31-2011, 05:48 PM   #8
Pro

Yup. Sorry to hear it messes with their appearance in Madden as well. That is a crazy oversight. One glitch, two games. Le sigh.

Even once the patch drops and they let us edit height and weight I'm skeptical it'll address this issue. The models really do seem to be 'have' or 'have not' and no matter how much heavier you make a player, all you're doing is making everything else bigger which just results in the guy looking even more ridiculous. Some guys have editable arms, some guys don't.

But props to EA for making sure the *ss size slider continues to work as intended.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »