Home

Recruting Icons

This is a discussion on Recruting Icons within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Recruting Icons

Ok, this is a first one on me. You know how sometimes to the right and above a recruits name there will be an icon. The only one that I've ever seen is the pink diamond, which I believe indicates that this player is a "diamond in the rough." Well, I saw another one this afternoon. It was the words "team builder." Anyone know what this one means?

The guy is a 5* running back that signed with Middle Tennessee State (bad Sunbelt team in my dynasty), so I assumed it means you can "build a team around him," but I don't know.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 05:33 PM   #2
Rookie

sniperscout75's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Recruting Icons

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChevy
Ok, this is a first one on me. You know how sometimes to the right and above a recruits name there will be an icon. The only one that I've ever seen is the pink diamond, which I believe indicates that this player is a "diamond in the rough." Well, I saw another one this afternoon. It was the words "team builder." Anyone know what this one means?

The guy is a 5* running back that signed with Middle Tennessee State (bad Sunbelt team in my dynasty), so I assumed it means you can "build a team around him," but I don't know.....
Interesting, ive never seen this not even once (havent noticed it at least). Would be nice to know if others have.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:45 PM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I haven't heard of that one.

The pink diamond isn't a "diamond in the rough." It means that he's someone that isn't interested in your school, but if you add him to your board, he'll put you in his top 10.

The padlock means that 3 of his pitches are automatically uncovered.

The x2 means that you get double points for pitches, sways, visits, and recruiting against.

The 4th one isn't an icon, but you'll instantly sign him if you just talk to him (after having offered him a scholly previously and being #1 on his board).

OP, do you have the DLCs for recruiting? I don't and I've never heard of the team builder one, so maybe that's something that comes from DLCs.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-31-2011, 06:17 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I haven't heard of that one.

The pink diamond isn't a "diamond in the rough." It means that he's someone that isn't interested in your school, but if you add him to your board, he'll put you in his top 10.

The padlock means that 3 of his pitches are automatically uncovered.

The x2 means that you get double points for pitches, sways, visits, and recruiting against.

The 4th one isn't an icon, but you'll instantly sign him if you just talk to him (after having offered him a scholly previously and being #1 on his board).

OP, do you have the DLCs for recruiting? I don't and I've never heard of the team builder one, so maybe that's something that comes from DLCs.
Thanks for the clarification on the pink diamond. I had no idea what it meant, but the "diamond in the rough" seemed to make sense to me haha.

I don't even know what a "DLC" is haha.... so I doubt I have these. Are these the extra things you buy? If so, no I don't have them.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:24 PM   #5
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I haven't taken notice of any of these outside of the x2 for double points. Will def keep an eye on these from here on out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 06:25 PM   #6
Rookie

Here is a picture of the icon...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg team builder.jpg (61.0 KB, 263 views)
Old 08-31-2011, 06:32 PM   #7
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChevy
Here is a picture of the icon...
I'll bet anything the kid has awareness of about 6... Mid Tenn St? Akron? He's a 5-star RB for Pete's sake... what's he thinking???

And EA says there's no "dirty recruiting" allowed in the game! LOL

Old 08-31-2011, 06:50 PM   #8
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Are you a TB team? Or do you have any downloaded?
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »