Home

Coaching Carousel screwed me.

This is a discussion on Coaching Carousel screwed me. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2011, 06:34 AM   #25

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Coaching Carousel screwed me.

Jeff Jagodinzki at Boston College.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2011, 11:56 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy316
That's why I turn auto-save off and just save it before that part. Also I have tested the waters and still ended up resigning with my old team when they came up on the carousel.
copy that, I do that too. coaching carousel needs some tune ups to work as advertised...your coach doesnt seem to have a resume, per se, just this prestige rating. If you are a coach with a sterling win record, reached a bowl game every season for 15 years or something and won 10 championships, almost every single school should be willing to hire you as a head coach. but get fired for one bad season and you are stuck as coordinator at some small school
Old 09-04-2011, 01:09 PM   #27
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7

Wait are we talking about you declining their offer right after the season or during the carousel part? I you declined right after the season then you should get an offer again in the carousel. If you decline during the carousel then of course they are going to go with someone else. I personally wish they just gave you a list of teams willing to give you a contract.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:28 PM   #28
Rookie

king8838's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanNomads
Also time to bump up the difficulty haha
That was my first thought when i started reading hahaha
Psalm 118:17 "I will not die; instead, I will live to tell what the LORD has done."
Old 09-04-2011, 08:58 PM   #29
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
I believe you're missing the forest for the trees. I laid out the scenario... just as the OP indicated. And what I said was that if this happened in real life, and Arkansas State came to him w/ an offer, what would happen is the coach's agent would then tell them, 'We'll take a look at this and get back to you.'

This is how it works out. If you believe otherwise or say none of us actually knows... then apparently you have never watched a single episode of ESPN Sportscenter.

I provided a perfect example of this in Mike Leach, but one poster determined that my example wasn't good enough. I'm stunned that so many of you are falling for CC as it is in the game reflecting real life in anyway, shape or form.

School's don't give a coach an offer and say 'Take it or leave it' unless the coach is already on seriously thin ice and they aren't worried about losing him. Based on what the OP did in his one year at Ark St, in real life he would be getting serious looks and lots of press.

The key in all of this that you are missing, as well as many others, is that contract talks are N-E-G-O-T-I-A-T-I-O-N-S. School makes an offer... usually a lower offer... coach/agent counter that w/ a higher offer. Over a few weeks or a month, they meet somewhere near the middle and everyone is happy.

The only time I can remember a school making a Take-it-or-leave-it offer is when a coach hasn't exactly fulfilled all expectations/hopes and the school knows nobody else wants him. Yet, for the sake of continuity, they keep him in hopes that he will grow as a coach and the team will become better.

My example was taking what the OP did... I said that if a real coach actually did those things, the chance of him getting a Take-it-or-leave it offer would be 1%. It's probably closer to 0% because a school like Ark St. would want that guy back badly.

Just watch, at the end of this season, how things play out and which coaches go through exactly what I have out-lined. There will be certain coaches who will return to their school w/ out hesitation, like Stoops at Oklahoma, because he has no reason to leave. But the rest will play out exactly as I have described.

History bears this out. All you have to do is open your eyes. And your brain.
Whatever you say. I disagree, and think the CC is done alright. Negotiations would be a great thing to implement, but I think what they have is closer to realism than further.

The scenario laid out by the OP doesn't match the scenario that you are playing out. The scenario in the OP was where the coach DECLINED the offer presented. As others have said, there's a way to check other offers without denying an offer from the original school. In my opinion, this is your "we'll get back to you" situation.

Anyway, the simple fact that you believe you are 100% right is reason enough for me to no longer discuss this.

Watch me play video games

Last edited by Jr.; 09-04-2011 at 09:01 PM.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:50 PM   #30
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baughn3
Anyway, the simple fact that you believe you are 100% right is reason enough for me to no longer discuss this.
You're reading this as if I'm some narcissistic jerk who's saying I am right and you are wrong. And if that is how you are seeing it, then I apologize. I'm just stating facts... coaches... good coaches... go into negotiations w/ teams. This cut-and-dried, this is all we're offering you crap is not how it's done.

I'll provide an example that happened to me in the game. I started out as the OC at Idaho. After 4 years we were a very solid team. Had won the Rose Bowl and were signing solid 3 and 4-star recruits. Had a record setting offense and had 3 straight seasons of 12+ wins.

As I was also doing the recruiting, both offense and defense, this was MY team. And I was proud of them and where we were at and where we had come from.

My deal and the HC's deals were both up. The HC was offered, and signed, a 4 year extension. Okay, that's cool. I was offered a 2 year deal.

WHAT??? Two years? After 4 years of hard work, great recruiting and success never before seen at Idaho???

If that were real life the coach would be insulted beyond belief, and I was. A two year extension was nothing more than total BS considering the HC... who really wasn't doing anything, was given a 4 year deal.

So I told them to stick it and left. Went to SMU and scheduled Idaho week one the next season and kicked their butt 44-21. {On good Heisman sliders}

Now if CC were properly implemented, I could have gone to them and said... 'Two years? Are f'ng kidding me? I want 5 years.' Then they could have said no, or added more years to the deal.

But this... here's our offer, take it or get the #### out is not how things are done. Especially, and particularly, at small schools not accustomed to winning. As Idaho was w/ me and Ark St for the OP of this thread.

My problem w/ people saying it's perfect means that EA will treat it just like Team Builder. They put that in 3 seasons ago and have barely done anything of worth to it since. It has such great potential but they, again, half-assed the thing and I don't even bother w/ that aspect of the game.

CC needs more... more options and more real-life aspects to be perfect. It's a good step... but right now, that's all it is. A good step. Let's take that step and make it a giant leap and make it perfect.

Sorry if you took it personal, I was just trying to simply point out that the way they have it set up is not reality.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:29 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've backed out of their offer every season just to see whats new. All you do to get your extension is...

Back out and reload
Just advance the week...
Go to coaching goals and click A to sign...

OP really?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2011, 11:39 PM   #32
Pro

BraveHeart's Arena

OVR: 3

Coaching Carousel logic needs to be overhauled.

I was the head coach at miami ohio. Had two 8 win seasons and a 11 win coach of the year season. Went to coaching carousel to see what my options were....no bcs level HC offers. was never in the discussion for any of them. Coach of the year and 2 win Wake Forest didn't even bother to have me in the list of candidates.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »