Home

Coaching Carousel screwed me.

This is a discussion on Coaching Carousel screwed me. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2011, 07:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Coaching Carousel screwed me.

I just finished my first year at Arkansas State undefeated. My HB won the Heisman after scoring 40 rushing TDs, my QB threw for 80 TD and my top WR had 3,000 yard receiving. It was basically the best single season in the history of the NCAA. Granted I was in the Sunbelt, but still. We beat an undefeated Houston team in our bowl game and I really looked forward to a successful 2nd year. So, sure enough I get offered a new contract in the off-season. Rather than sign the contract, I backed out just to see what other jobs were out there. I HAD NO INTENTION OF NOT RE-SIGNING. Nevada and one other school that I can’t recall were the only schools available to me. However, the Nevada job had what looked like a “watch” icon on it. I clicked on the Nevada job and it said something like they were considering their options…basically weren’t gonna offer me a contract just yet. The other school didn’t have a watch icon, but wasn’t interested in signing me. Anyhow, when I backed out and tried to go back and sign my contract at Arkansas State I couldn’t find it. I looked through all the screens and options, but could not locate anything that had to do with re-signing at Arkansas State. Keep in mind that auto-save was on…so I was just then beginning to realize that I was screwed. The only option I had was to advance to the next step, Players Leaving. So, I progressed to Players Leaving and a warning came up stating that I didn’t have a contract so the CPU would look for my best option and sign me there. I had no choice but to hit OK. So after it progressed I am suddenly at Kansas State University. WTF!!!??

Yes, I am pissed off about this. My QB was coming back and I was looking forward to doing big things at Arkansas State. Now, instead, I am in Manhattan, Kansas.

I’m about to simulate the season and try to get back to Arkansas State somehow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 07:12 PM   #2
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Coaching Carousel screwed me.

You could have A) Backed out to the dashboard and reloaded, or B) Just viewed a contract offer and selected "Decline all offers".
Old 09-01-2011, 07:14 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 1

Also time to bump up the difficulty haha
Old 09-01-2011, 07:22 PM   #4
MVP

HarkTheSound's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham365
I just finished my first year at Arkansas State undefeated. My HB won the Heisman after scoring 40 rushing TDs, my QB threw for 80 TD and my top WR had 3,000 yard receiving.

Last edited by HarkTheSound; 09-01-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:32 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

What level you play on JR. Varsity lol hey whatever floats your boat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 07:38 PM   #6
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanNomads
Also time to bump up the difficulty haha
I was thinking the same thing. RB with 40 TDs and QB with 80 TDs??? lol

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 09-01-2011, 07:41 PM   #7
Pro

Yeah, that sucks. I don't like the interface there either. I just accepted the first time I got offer the renew, although I really wanted to see what else was out there and basically missed out on taking over Penn State for Paterno, I had a sneaking suspicion if I didn't accept terrible things would happen. Looks like I was right. You want to see what is available but run the risk of losing the job you do have. I think it is something EA should address for next year - put the renew and the new in the same place.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:42 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
I was thinking the same thing. RB with 40 TDs and QB with 80 TDs??? lol
Meh. Don't tell a kid how to play with a toy. To each their own.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »