Home

how to throw a fade??

This is a discussion on how to throw a fade?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2011, 11:07 AM   #9
Pro

JoBo513's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: how to throw a fade??

Actually I think the fade routes work pretty well without having to take control of the receiver. I've some nice animations when throwing it up to Alshon Jeffery in the endzone...maybe it's wr vs db rating thing.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:26 AM   #10
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

I throw these with regularity--wasn't aware this was such a huge issue. I use my left stick and point it to the corner of the endzone where the fade is headed, and then gently tap the receivers button to initiate a "lob".

If your receiver has a step on his defender/physically bigger, he will go up most of the time, turn and leap to make the catch. I've also seen some amazing catches initiated by the CPU. The most success I have had though is to manually select the receiver and try to user catch.

I'd say I have about a 50% success rate on the endzone fade depending on my personnel. Big/star wideouts on small DB's have a better chance on these.

Follow me on Twitter: CMcLeod_EA https://twitter.com/CMcLeod_EA

www.EASports.com
Old 09-02-2011, 11:40 AM   #11
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
I throw these with regularity--wasn't aware this was such a huge issue. I use my left stick and point it to the corner of the endzone where the fade is headed, and then gently tap the receivers button to initiate a "lob".

If your receiver has a step on his defender/physically bigger, he will go up most of the time, turn and leap to make the catch. I've also seen some amazing catches initiated by the CPU. The most success I have had though is to manually select the receiver and try to user catch.

I'd say I have about a 50% success rate on the endzone fade depending on my personnel. Big/star wideouts on small DB's have a better chance on these.
Most of my receivers are 6'4"-6'8" and I throw it to them when they are a few feet behind the coverage the problem is the receivers aren't aggressively going after the ball they are just standing there waiting on the ball to come to them or they are trying to tightrope the sideline in the middle of the last 'A' in Carolina there aren't a lot of jumpballs mostly the receiver just tries to make a basket catch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 11:42 AM   #12
Rookie

Alter Eg0's Arena

OVR: 0

You must have a tall WR or avg size WR that can jump. Depending on what side you trow to push Left Stick up and to the corner and tap the icon button. You must user control the WR.
I play with NC the WR is about 6'3. I made pretty *** fade route catch on a friend the other day.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:55 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 19

Set your QB Acc Slider to 100%

It has nothing to do with your accuracy, but more so with the sensitivity of your L-Stick, meaning the direction you place L-Stick will be the location (depending on QB Acc attribute) were the ball is thrown to.

Contrary to what some might say, you will still get bad throws.

Then there's the infamous placebo effect that I love to use on these throws.

Hope this helps!!!
Old 09-02-2011, 12:03 PM   #14
MVP

nova91's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Eg0
You must have a tall WR or avg size WR that can jump. Depending on what side you trow to push Left Stick up and to the corner and tap the icon button. You must user control the WR.
I play with NC the WR is about 6'3. I made pretty *** fade route catch on a friend the other day.
Year 5 of my UNC dynasty I usually athletic receivers 6'3"+.

WR #1 6'5" JMP 93
WR #2 6'4" JMP 89
WR #3 6'7" JMP 91
WR #4 6'5" JMP 95
TE #1 6'8" JMP 86
TE #2 6'6" JMP 88

Yet none of them will attempt to jump for a ball.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:06 PM   #15
MVP

nova91's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Set your QB Acc Slider to 100%

It has nothing to do with your accuracy, but more so with the sensitivity of your L-Stick, meaning the direction you place L-Stick will be the location (depending on QB Acc attribute) were the ball is thrown to.

Contrary to what some might say, you will still get bad throws.

Then there's the infamous placebo effect that I love to use on these throws.

Hope this helps!!!
It has nothing to do with QB accuracy, I'm putting the ball right where I want it it's just the receiver won't go and get it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 02:58 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
It has nothing to do with QB accuracy, I'm putting the ball right where I want it it's just the receiver won't go and get it.
Let me break it down to a fraction for you.

EA folks have said the LS controls have an impact on catching animations by WR, so having your LS sensitivity at max (100%) should give you access to all catching animations available.

Second is the LT (called Placebo) that some have noted as having an impact on these specific routes and making more WR aggressive catching animations play out.

So you have the two means by which many on both sides have said/noted as an answer to your OP.

If you need more info, do a search for a thread about the LT.
It was discussed in length with Vid's to support from both sides.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »