Home

how does atmosphere in ncaa football 12 compare to 11

This is a discussion on how does atmosphere in ncaa football 12 compare to 11 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2011, 07:56 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: how does atmosphere in ncaa football 12 compare to 11

The presentation is better however there are some issues with sound during online games. i have noticed on several occasions when the crowd does not react like it did last year. I wonder if this problem is connected to the lack of on the field sounds?
MLB:New York Mets
NFL:San Francisco 49ers
Old 09-02-2011, 08:29 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 2

Presentation is better.

Sound is worse. Too quiet. No energy. The game has no 'rumble.'

I have used custom sounds in the past but after setting up this year's I took them out - did not like the way they were mixed in and they sounded really awkward.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:36 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGarrett7
Really need to bring back all the vibrating goodness and momentum meter of the old HFA feature.
Agreed. Many times in my dynasty I was on offense and asked myself why my WR routes were shaking and then I said "oh yeah I am on the road, I forgot"

Just a few years ago you were reminded that you were in a hostile environment every snap. Remember the QBs lining up under guard instead of center? What happened to things like that??
Old 09-02-2011, 08:45 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Agreed. Many times in my dynasty I was on offense and asked myself why my WR routes were shaking and then I said "oh yeah I am on the road, I forgot"

Just a few years ago you were reminded that you were in a hostile environment every snap. Remember the QBs lining up under guard instead of center? What happened to things like that??
Online gaming and online gamer expectations happened. I feel like online gaming has changed sports games negatively and this is one of those areas. I think designers would include more random errors and whatnot, but if they do now they can be construed as 'stealing' a win or screwing over a customer, you know? There's a whole new level of conversation and consideration to be had when making decisions about what to include.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:41 PM   #21
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

If you turn the announcers off or down to below 75, stadium sounds around 30 and crank the crowd audio up to 100, you will notice a difference. It's not a big difference, as the crowd does need to be louder on big plays, but you will hear the "oohs" and "ahhs" with the big plays. Turning your volume up on your TV also helps bring out the crowd noise; I'm hopeful that with the patch, I can turn my TV down a little

As for overall presentation, I will say that 12 is better than 11. It's not a huge leap, but there's enough small additions that make it better.

The gameplay is really good, imo. Yes, the tendency bug with named rosters is annoying, but honestly, I don't see it as a big issue and the game plays just fine to me. The biggest gripes I have with gameplay are that DTs are a little too powerful (shed blocks quickly, but this can be helped a bit with sliders) and that defensive backs still get the alligator arms when going for INTs.

I'm having a blast with NCAA 12. I only have time for one football game this year and I chose NCAA over Madden. No regrets here and I'm looking forward to the patch.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2011, 12:16 AM   #22
MVP

TheVinylHippo's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
how does atmosphere in ncaa football 12 compare to 11
It's like comparing an ugly woman to an even uglier woman
Old 09-03-2011, 12:41 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
I feel that it's the other way around, the band drowns out the crowd. In college or high school sports if your band is louder than your crowd there is a problem
On default it sounds like the crowd is located a few blocks away from the stadium. I cranked up my crowd slider and turned everything else down, and now my band is boomingly loud. It seems that the band is considered part of the crowd for slider purposes and thus their volume is tied to the crowd volume. Now when anything big happens in my game I get a couple seconds of a nice, loud-ish (but still too quiet, IMO) crowd and then that bass-y THUD THUD THUD of the band.

I really don't mean to bag on EA (I have lots of fun with the game, for the most part), but I'm flabbergasted that the crowd noise and reaction was an advertised feature this year. That's not EA incompetence, that's marketing dishonesty.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:04 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 0

NCAA 12 is a step backwards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »