Home

Gamers Opinions Cool on NCAA Football 12 With Time

This is a discussion on Gamers Opinions Cool on NCAA Football 12 With Time within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2011, 09:17 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Gamers Opinions Cool on NCAA Football 12 With Time

I think they've been found out. If we kept finding great things, the results would show that instead. But we found glitches and bugs. If it was great we'd be going wild with acclaim. Hell, we all buy it when it has been just 'good'.

It is so frustrating. We play these games to have fun... silly that we actually end up frustrated by the game itself. Not the winning or losing while playing the game, just the process of interacting with the game. We can't just have fun w/o something frustrating us and making us feel like the game is stealing our time or our good mood. haha

I should just go learn to play guitar or something. This is a dumb hobby anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 09:23 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1
Yeah, worrisome for EA? Thats laughable, they could care less. I mean look how highly touted their July sales numbers as the top rated game were reported. This is all that matters to EA. Really? Against what other games released in July? No wonder they released Madden just short of September, because GOW3 sales will slaughter madden and ncaa combined! EA is a company that has zero clue when it comes to considering the consumer. They only are concerned with the bottom line, and I believe they are dangling just above it! Although, I am a fiend for NCAA & Madden, unfortunatley my choices are too slim. Bring on a competitor!
Old 09-02-2011, 09:57 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAsportsfails
They only are concerned with the bottom line...

Well, really that's their only obligation--and I don't fault EA one bit for doing what they do. Don't like it--don't buy it. It's that simple. It's not like you don't know what to expect--it's the same thing every year.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:26 PM   #28
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Expected. EA delivered some cool new things this years, which only helped to fuel the hype machine.

In the first two weeks most people are still too excited to really see through the cracks and have not put in enough man hours to have them really shine.

Not to mention Dynasty issues do not really become widespread until after a few weeks.

In all I think it is a good game with great ideas, but not enough thought or polish put into it. Its far too simplistic, and my theory for that is that heaven forbid a game actually make you think and stimulate the mind. Every game needs to be like CoD and for the most part allow the gamer to be a mindless idiot and still be good. (Aimed more towards Strategic AI in dynasty than the on the field gameplay)
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:02 PM   #29
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31
Admittedly, I changed my vote from good to poor. At first, the game seemed like a breath of fresh air with how the defense played...but, a week later I began to see a few things crop up (Psychic DBs and Super LBs) along with the named rosters being all messed up. Couple that with the over all arrogance of the company regarding their product in an interview basically taunting those who do not like their product...This team has a lot to prove to get my $60 again...
Old 09-03-2011, 12:16 AM   #30
Rookie

HokieTokie's Arena

OVR: 1

This year more than others, the enthusiasm for NCAA has faded quickly. It definitely looks bad for EA.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:30 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieTokie
This year more than others, the enthusiasm for NCAA has faded quickly. It definitely looks bad for EA.
Nah, this literally happens every single year. Its like the 5 stages of EA football.

July: FOOTBALL! Best game ever!
August: Here comes all the bugs and broken features that reviewers always mysteriously seem to miss
September: Waiting for that miracle patch that inevitably winds up being too little, too late
October: Screw you EA I'm never buying this again!
Next June: EA: "Hey guys we fixed everything for real this time lol"

Repeat over and over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2011, 11:05 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4
The game is great. Could it be a lot better, of course, but what game couldn't. Is any game ever going to be put out where everyone that buys it is 100% happy and doesn't want a new version released with any improvements on it at all? No. So this should be expected each year from any game and may in fact be the best way.

If we are all going to buy it and within the first week point out problems that we all want fixed, and within 2 months, they get fixed, why is that bad? We get to play what is almost technically a full demo of the product, have it tuned to the specifications of the masses and still enjoy the full range of game modes before it is basically perfected to our specifications.

I think people need to stop getting frustrated at this process and think about how advantageous it is to the gamer. It used to be you bought the game for $40 and liked it or didn't, if you didn't then you were SOL and had to hope wherever you bought it would give back your money or at least its full value toward another game you would enjoy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »