Home

Gamers Opinions Cool on NCAA Football 12 With Time

This is a discussion on Gamers Opinions Cool on NCAA Football 12 With Time within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2011, 05:51 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 12
Expected. I haven't really touched this game since the first few weeks. Once the patch hits, I'm sure I'll get back into it though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 06:04 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Gamers Opinions Cool on NCAA Football 12 With Time

I am currently loving the game. It's far from perfect, but the freezing issues I was experiencing earlier have disappeared. I've played in some great games with the CPU and while some of their decisions are questionable at times, it's not too bad.

Taylor Martinez lit me up on the ground when I played Nebraska, as I took the loss. He had 186 rushing yards and 2 TD's. It was cool to see that. I haven't noticed the tendency bug having any real kind of effect, but maybe I just haven't looked hard enough.

Not surprising that others opinions have soured over time... That's what happens when you buy into the EA hype machine. I tend to not let myself feel too good or bad about a game because for me, it gets better over time and as patches get dropped, things improve.

Like I said, not perfect, but not the train wreck that others are experiencing. Then again, I'm an offline dynasty guy and don't play online at all, so I'm lucky there.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:58 PM   #43
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Still great.

Absolutely love this game. I am strictly an offline dynasty player. No doubt when the patch drops it will be even better.

Best overall console football game ever.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-05-2011, 09:01 PM   #44
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

I was excited for the Coaching Carousel. It's the only reason I bought the game. But even with the patch, it is something that won't be fixed. It is a shell of what it could and should be. It's logic drives me insane, and prevents dynasty from being top notch. That being said, once the patch drops I will still play the heck out of the game just like I end up doing every year.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:37 PM   #45
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I wonder if sports games generally fall into this pattern or if NCAA 12 is unique. I'm still loving the game and would rate it as great, even without the patch.

I'd like to see what people say about two weeks to a month after the patch.
Just about every sports game does. I can run down a slew of things wrong about NBA 2k(I.E. fast breaks, rebouning issues), but that's not the topic at hand really.

On topic, i'm still just as happy with the game as i was at release. I've only had a freeze once the first night, so that issue has personally haven't effected me. I do have a few issues though that nag me, but don't stop me from playing the game.

1. Lack of weather variation in dynasty as its either bright and sunny, or a downpour, never cloudy in any way, or foggy.

2. Lack of edge pressure and CPU tendency to max protect to the point its detrimental to its offense. Player editing MAY alleviate some of this.

3. passing trajectories, and defensive reaction.

all three are legacy issues that seem to be the way Tiburon wants their football to play, so i adjust my mentality as its simply a video game i play that i enjoy. I'd be in heaven if these issues are fixed at some point. Still, looking forward to the patch though as the tendency fix will be massive for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 09:14 AM   #46
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

I think once the patch is out people will warm up to the game again.

The roster glitch is the main thing keeping me away from my dynasty right now. I haven't experienced freezes thankfully.

Waiting for a tuner set as well to polish gameplay.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 09-06-2011, 11:02 AM   #47
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10

The game stutters so damn much... The Porky Pig of video games. I don't know how you guys can put up with it.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Old 09-06-2011, 12:49 PM   #48
Rookie

HokieTokie's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
The game stutters so damn much... The Porky Pig of video games. I don't know how you guys can put up with it.

This is the first football game I've seen have slight freezes when stressing the CPU, i.e. hurry up offense. Overall I think it will be good after the patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »