Home

I am not normally one to complain, and I have no room to complain...

This is a discussion on I am not normally one to complain, and I have no room to complain... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2011, 12:58 AM   #1
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

OVR: 3
I am not normally one to complain, and I have no room to complain...

Full disclosure: I'm playing offline dynasty using SECElite's Heisman sliders.

Full disclosure: I'm willfully playing this game before a patch comes out to fix issues -- even if the issue I'm concerned about is not the one being addressed.

Issue: have you all sometimes played games where the CPU is just flat-out supercharged? Where it can do no wrong and you can do no right? I know sometimes teams dominate teams, even in upsets. I'm okay with getting dominated, but just the way it happened kind of bugs me.

So here we go, the significant stat to know: total CPU defelections? 20. Total user deflections (I don't control my DBs in pass coverage) 4. So CPU controlling both, I lost out on that one pretty badly

And this wasn't just the illustrious "super linebacker" flying through the air with cape and spandex. No, this was DBs, LBs, even DEs shifting momentum from going in one direction immediately to the other followed by a full vertical leap. The trajectory of my passes was also quite low for the length of the passes even without bullet passing. But when I would bullet pass, sometimes I would have players swoop from a full 5 yards away in the opposite direction. For those of you not in the know, the sliders I use have CPU pass coverage at 0.

I just don't like the player assist the CPU grants itself (or the user) from time to time. I wish there was a way to disable it so that you could just play, or at least tone it down (See CH2k8 Unity).

Well, hopefully next week I don't get plastered after getting dropped from #14 to out of the Top 25. At least I didn't get blanked (woo hoo one touchdown)?

Last edited by waytofailself; 09-03-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2011, 10:43 AM   #2
Rookie

Sydeburnz's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: I am not normally one to complain, and I have no room to complain...

In COACH Mode (Call plays from the Booth) the game totally changes. No psychotic LB's etc. It is pretty evident that EA added some "tuner" algorithms to step up CPU competition at the cost of game play mechanics.

Try it out - select COACH from the screen just prior to game start. Normally it is Regular. Of course, you only get to call the plays... but its as SIM as it gets
Old 09-03-2011, 12:55 PM   #3
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: I am not normally one to complain, and I have no room to complain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydeburnz
In COACH Mode (Call plays from the Booth) the game totally changes. No psychotic LB's etc. It is pretty evident that EA added some "tuner" algorithms to step up CPU competition at the cost of game play mechanics.

Try it out - select COACH from the screen just prior to game start. Normally it is Regular. Of course, you only get to call the plays... but its as SIM as it gets
I appreciate the idea, but I would rather play the game that sit back and only call the plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »