Home

What is this game missing most? Drama

This is a discussion on What is this game missing most? Drama within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2011, 08:18 PM   #25
Pro

KushNstien's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: What is this game missing most? Drama

For the Announcers, they should either put more speech phrases and or add new announcers. it would be fun to hear other people other then Herbstret and Corso. I'm not that really fond with announcers but add new ones.

For Atmosphere, Make the toughest places to play tough. everyone cant stress this enough EA have to change this. toughest places to play inst intimidating when i play them. Make the crow more louder make them boo the away team more (especially rivals).

thats all i can think of, other people in the post covered good topics like feild rushes after a upset, player emotions,sidelines.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 08:21 PM   #26
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGarrett7
I completely agree on Mascot mode, but not one-button.
My little cousins love college football but normal modes are a little hard for them even on freshman and one button mode is too easy. They had fun with backyard football on the Wii and I think they would love a college version. Instead of diverting time away from dynasty mode, online dynasty, rtg and other features on NCAA to work on these they could either A) get rid of them or B) new team new game better gameplay for both NCAA and the for lack of a better word gimmick versions.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:51 PM   #27
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

If there is one really strong mode it is dynasty mode for NCAA. I rank it right up there with The Association and The Show.

It is very good no question.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-05-2011, 08:55 PM   #28
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm currently watching the Maryland - Miami game on ESPN at the time of the post, (Maryland's uniforms are "turrible" by the way), and the emotion that the players are playing with really makes me miss the college football games of last gen.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:12 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm in my second season with the Aggies and have a true freshman starting at Quarterback. It would be awesome to hear some dialogue about him going into a hostile college enviroment and not struggling. There are no developing story lines that real sports have.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:14 PM   #30
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiDelt145
I'm in my second season with the Aggies and have a true freshman starting at Quarterback. It would be awesome to hear some dialogue about him going into a hostile college enviroment and not struggling. There are no developing story lines that real sports have.
Yep Dynamic commentary is the #1 most important upgrade this game needs.

If they nail a true dynamic commentary system with this already very deep dynasty mode the game would become an instant classic. No doubt about it.

Same goes for Madden franchise mode. And from what I understand next year the commentary system is going to be brand spanking new. COme on EA....you know you can do it. If the other games can this gen...you can.

For now...I do my own dynamic commentary in my head.

Old school baby.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-06-2011, 12:25 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 8

There is no "heart" in this game. Yea, pregame entrances are ok but there is still an empty feeling during the pre-game... no buildup... no suspense. The commentary is stale and needs to be completely redone (see NBA 2K series). The bowl season and BCS national championship doesn't feel much, if any, different from regular season games either. Adding a bowl patch on the jersey does NOT add the depth/excitement needed to bowl season. Also, special teams need to be scrapped and redone. They suck each and every year and 2012 is no different. Player movement is ridiculous as well which allows players to pivot in place and change direction. EA has alot to do in the future for this series and I am hoping Christian is going to be able to shake the cage at EA for the 2013 version. I just put NCAA12 on ebay because there is very little joy in this version over NCAA11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 10:15 AM   #32
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Valid points by the OP... however, I fundamentally disagree due to a strong belief that this game needs undivided attention to the gameplay aspect.

The dev team needs to be allowed to work on gameplay improvements and nothing else until they get it right. That is the core/heart/soul of any sports game.

Gameplay. Gameplay. Did I mention gameplay?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »