Home

Do you play with your college?

This is a discussion on Do you play with your college? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2011, 12:34 PM   #9
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Do you play with your college?

Going to a community college so no.

I can't play as my favorite schools in dynasties I want to be serious in, because I have problems letting them lose.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:49 PM   #10
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

I wish.....(Texas State). Maybe next year when they join the WAC

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 09-06-2011, 12:50 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

It's the only team I ever play with, I don't feel right not playing with them, I just can't get into it otherwise, I feel like something is missing from the experience, just as I do when I am watching a game in real life.

Unfortunately, since my school is Alabama, it's hard to find a game with anyone other than Oklahoma because they are stout from top to bottom the past 2 years, and the only team other than LSU (which most people still won't play with) in the SEC that is like that.

Whatever though, call me stubborn for playing with my alma mater (class of 2011) or whatever you wish, I have lost to good teams and teams that most would consider not so good, and I'm a firm believer that you can beat anyone with anyone within reason, even in the "flawed" ncaa 12 game. It's all in how you change the strategy, and making the right calls in the right situations. And honestly, I think, though it does happen on occasion (yes, even to Alabama), I've rarely seen the game clearly screw one team out of a win.

I do kinda wish you could play even teams online though, so people would quit whining about me playing with the #2 team in the case that I win, or calling me a sorry player when I lose because I play with them.

Roll Tide
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 12:54 PM   #12
Rookie

HokieTokie's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovt
Nah, I hardly ever play as VT. They are the only team I religiously watch for real CFB, but it always feels weird playing as them. I cant play as their rivals either, so I normally play as a team from the PAC12, BIG10/12 or Sunbelt so I have no interaction. Wouldnt want to be forced to beat them you know

I think my problem is I have too much of an attachment to how the VT players actually play and how the coaches actually call the game, so when I deviate from that it just doesnt feel right.

I'm basically the same, except i'm not playing with VT this year b/c Logan Thomas apparently isn't a very good "video game" style quarterback; well not my style at least.

But I'll prob start a dyn with them anyway after the patch. I just need to recruit a 4.2 QB. Haa.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:05 PM   #13
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

I'm in two online dynasties - one as Mizzou (my alma mater) and one as Utah. It's really weird playing with Utah. I much prefer playing with "my team".

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 09-06-2011, 01:14 PM   #14
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

I'm about as big of a diehard WVU fan as you will find but very rarely do I run a dynasty with them. Using WVU becomes more of a statistical job for me than a fun game. I always find myself trying to balance out their offense close to how it plays out in real life. In other words, if they have a WR with twice as many catches as any other player on the team in real life, I find myself forcing the ball to him too much in the game and not using the other guys as much. Maybe it's just a me problem, but I have more fun when I know less about the team I'm using, which is why I often opt for small conference programs.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:47 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

didnt go to the school I play with, but its the closest big school (Terps) and there is some state pride in it, I suppose. Whenever I create players they are usually from my home town and whatnot. wish I could set the high school though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #16
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh446066
I wish.....(Texas State). Maybe next year when they join the WAC
Should be a wide open conference with all four of the top teams gone to the MWC. Big fish/small pond concept there I guess. Good luck. I'm using Idaho right now and having a great time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »