Home

I called EA Customer Support

This is a discussion on I called EA Customer Support within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 11:18 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon11 I called EA Customer Support

I am simply writing this to be informative. This is simply my experience with EA Customer Support. I am not trying to be critical, but I have to admit, it's hard not to be. Please keep this conversation mature, or atleast as mature as possible, lol.

So I just got off the phone with EA Customer Support. I specifically asked for information regarding the patch. I told the guy that I had read the blog put out on Aug 2, yada yada yada. I definately voiced my displeasure for having to wait so long for a patch.

His initial response was, "you should go play Madden." Literally, those were his words to me. He was actually trying to sell Madden to me.

After literally laughing in his face, he put me on hold to "check to see if the patch had been released yet." When he came back, he said there was still no ETA for the patch.

Then after voicing my displeasure AGAIN, and informing him that I would definately NOT be buying Madden, atleast not until it was patched as well, he went so far as to tell me that he also has a copy of NCAA and that he also cannot play due to glitches.

He told me that the reason for the NCAA patch taking so long is because Madden has many of the same glitches and they are working on both patches at the same time. My question was at this point, why did you put me on hold if you already knew the patch hadn't been released? Why are you jerking me around? All he could say was that he had no additional info on the patch, only that a patch is scheduled for release, but there is not an ETA.

I'm generally a patient person. That's what I waited 2 months before I even contacted their customer support to voice my displeasure. But looking back on my experience, I got exactly what I figured I would get out of it....not a damn thing.

He told me nothing that I didn't already know. I actually think I knew more about the patch than he did. I don't think he even knew it had been supposedly sent to MS/Sony yet. Or maybe him not saying anything about that means that it hasn't actually been sent to MS/Sony yet. I don't want to believe that though. Hopefully, if they say they have sent it to them, then they really have....

Anyway, this was my experience with EA Support. People really should stop making threads about calling support. As you can see, it does not do any good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 11:24 AM   #2
All Star

BGarrett7's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: I called EA Customer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnylawdog
People really should stop making threads about calling support.
Uh...
Old 09-06-2011, 11:31 AM   #3
Rookie

sniperscout75's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
I am simply writing this to be informative. This is simply my experience with EA Customer Support. I am not trying to be critical, but I have to admit, it's hard not to be. Please keep this conversation mature, or atleast as mature as possible, lol.

So I just got off the phone with EA Customer Support. I specifically asked for information regarding the patch. I told the guy that I had read the blog put out on Aug 2, yada yada yada. I definately voiced my displeasure for having to wait so long for a patch.

His initial response was, "you should go play Madden." Literally, those were his words to me. He was actually trying to sell Madden to me.

After literally laughing in his face, he put me on hold to "check to see if the patch had been released yet." When he came back, he said there was still no ETA for the patch.

Then after voicing my displeasure AGAIN, and informing him that I would definately NOT be buying Madden, atleast not until it was patched as well, he went so far as to tell me that he also has a copy of NCAA and that he also cannot play due to glitches.

He told me that the reason for the NCAA patch taking so long is because Madden has many of the same glitches and they are working on both patches at the same time. My question was at this point, why did you put me on hold if you already knew the patch hadn't been released? Why are you jerking me around? All he could say was that he had no additional info on the patch, only that a patch is scheduled for release, but there is not an ETA.

I'm generally a patient person. That's what I waited 2 months before I even contacted their customer support to voice my displeasure. But looking back on my experience, I got exactly what I figured I would get out of it....not a damn thing.

He told me nothing that I didn't already know. I actually think I knew more about the patch than he did. I don't think he even knew it had been supposedly sent to MS/Sony yet. Or maybe him not saying anything about that means that it hasn't actually been sent to MS/Sony yet. I don't want to believe that though. Hopefully, if they say they have sent it to them, then they really have....

Anyway, this was my experience with EA Support. People really should stop making threads about calling support. As you can see, it does not do any good.
Did you honestly expect something productive to be achieved out of that phone call? Im not defending them as im very frustrated with them as well but I just cant see them divulging information to a caller when information regarding the patch hasnt been officially released via ms/sony's media outlets.

Again, I agree that this whole situation is extremely frustrating but im honestly wandering what you wanted from the phone call?

Last edited by sniperscout75; 09-06-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:32 AM   #4
Rookie

Just referring to the several different threads and/or posts I've seen suggesting that other people try calling them...

I've seen several of those posts on a few different boards, mainly the OS and the EA Sports forums.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:37 AM   #5
Rookie

Not trying to start an argument.

I said in my opening post that I didn't expect to get anything out of my experience.

Some people think that calling EA to try to get a refund or more information is a good idea. I'm simply trying to let them see what my experience was like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 11:37 AM   #6
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18

Spoiler

*sigh*

**** it.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:40 AM   #7
Rookie

Strings74's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperscout75
Did you honestly expect something productive to be achieved out of that phone call? Im not defending them as im very frustrated with them as well but I just cant see them divulging information to a caller when information regarding the patch hasnt been officially released via ms/sony's media outlets.

Again, I agree that this whole situation is extremely frustrating but im honestly wandering what you wanted from the phone call?
He was probably curious. I was was curious enough to see what they told him to click on this thread.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:41 AM   #8
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...soft-sony.html

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »