Home

Can you clean your Xbox?

This is a discussion on Can you clean your Xbox? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2003, 03:44 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
Can you clean your Xbox?

Seems like I am getting more and more lock ups with my NCAA 2004 College football. Is there anything I can do to help the situation? Is there a disk cleaner or something that could help. I don't think anything has happened to the CD so that can't be the issue. Even DVDs that I watch seem to be getting stuck on occassion.

I have the worst trouble when I pause a game or movie. It is like it can't find its place and start back up. I end up having to shut down the power and start over. This sucks!

Please help
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2003, 11:22 AM   #2
All Star

JohnnytheSkin's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Can you clean your Xbox?

bump
Old 09-10-2003, 11:52 AM   #3
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

try ebay. you prob can find a used xbox style DVD drive and just replace yours.
Old 09-10-2003, 12:17 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:

soce said:
Seems like I am getting more and more lock ups with my NCAA 2004 College football. Is there anything I can do to help the situation? Is there a disk cleaner or something that could help. I don't think anything has happened to the CD so that can't be the issue. Even DVDs that I watch seem to be getting stuck on occassion.

I have the worst trouble when I pause a game or movie. It is like it can't find its place and start back up. I end up having to shut down the power and start over. This sucks!

Please help

I've had lockups in the past that progressively got worse. I took my Xbox apart and reseated every connector in the unit and it cleared the problem up for me.

You may want to try a lens cleaner first. You can find them at Circuit City or Radio Shack.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »