Home

NCAA Football 12 Tuner Update Details

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Tuner Update Details within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2011, 03:32 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA Football 12 Tuner Update Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidanything2
Yeah I didn't check before i started the first season, so I'm not sure how to compare. But for reference, start of the second season, there are 18 A+, 5 A, 10 B+, 26 B. My coach is a C+, not sure what he started at.
If he was a New Coach he should have been D+ I think..
Old 09-09-2011, 03:35 PM   #58
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

I hate to rain on your parade but EA's tweet that they fixed the problem "server side" does NOT mean the problem is completely server side. It means they tried to fix it with a server-side only update. Since that clearly failed, if ANYTHING it might indicate a client issue as well. So to state unequivocally in big bold letters that it will only ever be fixed server side and we won't possibly notice an update client side is not a 100% logical leap to make. Networking code exists on both sides of the equation. We can HOPE they can fix it server side but there is a very real chance it involves a client update, despite what they've tried up to this point.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:39 PM   #59
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Coach progression is what was broken before, with many coaches being A or A+ very quickly. Can you check on that?
I simmed ahead 5 seasons....but I didn't write down any results....but

I started with rosters that had all coaches below C+ at the start.

5 seasons in there were 11 A+ coaches total. 5 were HC's, 3 OC's and 3 DC's (which still bothers me that coordinators get to A+ prestige).

There were about 15 A's......

As for the rest of the way down....I just glanced since I'm heading out the door....but there were B's to about half way down.
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC
Old 09-09-2011, 03:43 PM   #60
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa98
If he was a New Coach he should have been D+ I think..
Not sure, I was using luvtotha9s roster. Also to clarify, the coaches i listed we just HCs no coordinators.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:53 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Not sure, I was using luvtotha9s roster. Also to clarify, the coaches i listed we just HCs no coordinators.
It seems hard to know if the Tuner Pack is working in my Dynasty or not? There should be a way to know!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2011, 03:54 PM   #62
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Has anyone tried getting the tuner without getting the patch? Due to the no-huddle bug and CPB issues associated with patch 2, I'm not going to download it. However, I'd love to get player progression (as an A+ prestige coach I had my starting QB gain 10 OVR points in 1 season when combining in-season and off-season progression) and coach progression tweaks. But I remember in '11, there were some serious issues (like 0 progression at all) when you either had the patch with no tuner or tuner with no patch.

Does anyone know if there'll be issues if I grab the tuner, but not patch #2?

Thanx!
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-09-2011, 03:55 PM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Just simulated a season with UNC. I had 8 people go up by 3, 4 people go up by 6 and the rest were 4 and 5. Doesn't seem like it changed much to me, but I didn't really know anyone was complaining. It seemed good before and it still seems good. If anything for future games I would like to see more intelligent progression. Like Freshman and starters go up more than everyone else.

Oh and for poops and giggles, Luck was heisman. 3367 yrds 38td 8int. Seemed fair. UNC went 6-6, and I forgot to check who won the national championship. I wish the dynasty would keep records of that stuff so you could check the history or your dynasty no matter what year you're in.

There were many threads of people complaining but that was weeks after the game was released...i guess people just gave up whining.

It is a major issue though..Im in my 9th season and there are 19 QB's alone with an overall rating of 99.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:56 PM   #64
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa98
It seems hard to know if the Tuner Pack is working in my Dynasty or not? There should be a way to know!
In my offline dynasty pre-tuner, as an A+ prestige coach (which affects player progression) my #1 and #2 QBs gain +1 AWR each and every week. As a guess, I'd think that the tuner would cause that to not happen, so if you use an A+ prestige coach and your QBs aren't gaining 13-15 AWR throughout the season, then it's probably working.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »