Home

NCAA Patch #2 Quick Impressions & 'Guide'

This is a discussion on NCAA Patch #2 Quick Impressions & 'Guide' within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2011, 06:56 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: NCAA Patch #2 Quick Impressions & 'Guide'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
In my opinion there are more hard hits and yes more wrap animations and more low tackles and low blocks. I do see this in my exp.

The game seems slower to me not faster, but I guess I am in the minority on that.

HUM and CPU Def react much, much more slowly to scrambling QBs...good or bad depending on POV. I like it. This out of all my observations is probably not placebo...there is a marked difference IMO.

DBs are reacting more realistically in coverage. Man Def in particularly and on hitch and comeback routes to be more specific. It now seems the USER and the CPU are rewarded for having good timing on passes. If your timing is good the WR will win his way back to the ball first almost all the time, this was not the case before, but it could be placebo.

I won't list the other things I've noticed or 'probably' have noticed because they have been listed already. The only thing I disagree with is the speed of the game. Most say it's faster now, but to me it feels slower.

Thanks Chia for a great thread. This should help a lot of users. I'm just hoping it doesn't go to hell like some of the other threads lol.

Edit: Would love to see this stickyed and kept clean
Speed I think is going to end up being a personal thing, depending on rosters, sliders, speed threshold, etc...

I have my rosters (speed and accel rerated - all players) and I am playing on AA with 50 threshold on Slow and it seems like the same speed to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtneer08
The weird thing is i've seen about 3 people that said it is faster and 3 others have said it slowed down. Wonder what is up with that?

To me it has obviously sped up though. I wonder if it has something to do with the speed setting and threshold you play on.
What I said above. But you hit it on the head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMan22
Wasn't the update suppose to fix the look of the field? I thought the 3D field that was so hyped up, the grass coming off the players shoes when they run, was suppose to by while we are playing the game.

Or is it only the replays that show it like that?
Ya know what.. I wasn't even looking for that, but I did notice it more often and chalked it up to me not paying attention in the first part. But I do notice it more now, especially shifting on Defense pre snap, you can really see it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2011, 07:19 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

Creating custom playbooks are still jacked (some forms,
not all).

QB's still don't accelerate quickly on options, initially they are stuck in quick sand on most plays.

Downfiled blocking got messed up. Blockers, mostly wide receivers and fullbacks will sometimes just run streaks down the field and not attempt to block anybody.

Quick impression of patch? As big a failure as the game it was attempting to fix.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:32 PM   #27
Rookie

Exile04's Arena

OVR: 1

I am gidding the new patch but i did notice somethign happening more often then before. When running a lead or power option, it seems that i alwasy get a OLB coming right between my tackle and TE or T and G depending on formation. Also The FB does not block him. Anyone else notcing this.?

Last edited by Exile04; 09-09-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:43 PM   #28
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Guys I'm playing a lot of one quarter games with a lot of different teams. I am not seeing Psychic DBs. What I am seeing are DBs making plays they should make. On out routes I'm seeing them make tackles after a catch or sometimes they are knocking balls out after hits. They seem to be ' reacting' to what they see the WR do when they are in man coverage. Very nice to see.

If your timing is good you will be rewarded. If your timing is bad DBs will make the plays they should. I am very happy with this.

Varsity level with Mkharsh sliders.

Edit: Just saw a new wrap tackle animation: Wash vs. Arizona. Antolin the HB for Arizona makes a catch out of the backfield. LB for Wash tackles him from behind and stops his momentum, as the LB let's his weight fall dead to the ground in order to drag the back down the back's feet stop moving and his right ankle gets stuck in the turf. Looks as if he twists it, so it would have been nice to see an injury.

I have not seen that animation before, but as always could be placebo lol

Last edited by Sundown2600; 09-09-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:44 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile04
I am gidding the new patch but i did notice somethign happening more often then before. When running a lead or power option, it seems that i alwasy get a OLD shooting right thur my tackle and TE or T and G depending on formation. Anyone else notcing this.

What do you mean by old shooting?
Old 09-09-2011, 07:48 PM   #30
Rookie

Exile04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtneer08
What do you mean by old shooting?

fixed.. coming right between them almost like they know the play before i do.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:54 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

I never had a problem with screens. As a matter of fact, they were most often VERY effective for me and I tend to lean on them in 3rd and medium situations. HB Screens would often get blown up by DEs that either went unblocked or have high awareness, which is realistic. Other times, you could get huge chunks of yardage if you are patient enough to wait on your linemen to engage. WR Mid Screens from trips and spread/4WR formations worked well and occasionally hit for long TDs when thrown against blitzes or to fast WRs who are great in space.

I run an Air Raid offense most often, so I'm pretty experienced at short passing and screen games. Screens fail for two reasons - failure to read defense or too much use of speed burst. If you throw a screen against man coverage, odds are it will fail. If you throw a WR screen against zone, most often it at least picks up 3-4 yards, which is technically what it's designed to do (act in place of a run play and pull safeties up and/or force the defense into man coverage). If you speed burst immediately upon catching the ball, none of your guys will block and everyone that is blocking when you catch the ball will be immediately shed by the defender. This is obviously bad for a play that's designed to get the WR or HB in space and relies on downfield blocking.

That said, bubble screens would hit against zone maybe 1 of 5 times, and usually only for a few yards. The trajectory of the pass would either lead the WR into the backfield rather than laterally or slightly upfield, or it would cause him to do an animation that stuck him in place for far too long for the play to be effective (one of those stupid trog step catch animations or a slow hunch & grab, then turn).

I don't think there was anything wrong with screens the way they were, and I'm kind of concerned that they will be too easy to execute now.

Last edited by somehetero; 09-09-2011 at 07:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2011, 07:59 PM   #32
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
I totally agree with this, all-in-all this is a pretty good patch the hurry-up thing is a bit annoying especially on defense but this seems to be a pretty solid patch like you said all EA has to do is clean up around the edges a bit.
Annoying? For those of us who prefer to run an up-tempo, no huddle Air Raid attack this patch has completely broken the game.

Dammit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »