Home

Is Madden any better?

This is a discussion on Is Madden any better? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 12:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Is Madden any better?

I really don't wanna ask this in the Madden forum because then it becomes class warfare of Madden vs NCAA, but with the latest patch being a bit of a downer, I gotta wonder: Is Madden's game-on-the-field better than NCAAs? I haven't played Madden for years because I prefer playing the college game (even though I like watching the NFL better).

But at this point, I'd just be happy with something that resembles real football that doesn't look and play like it was programmed in a couple of weeks.

For those that own both and are long time NCAA players, how's Madden these days?
Old 09-10-2011, 01:50 AM   #2
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Is Madden any better?

I'd say Madden is better on-the-field. NCAA still feels like robotic last gen football while Madden at least is beginning to feel like real people moving around a football field. Better animations across the board and the tackling is vastly superior this year.

The variety in NCAA's playbooks is more entertaining, but the execution just isn't quite there to me when it comes to AI controlled players and teams.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:15 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 22

Madden feels a bit better, and there are no real mind blowing glitches. Madden 12 is good this year
Old 09-10-2011, 03:52 AM   #4
Rookie

Ball_Bag's Arena

OVR: 2

I've owned both since their release date. Madden does a FAR better job of simulating of a real NFL game than NCAA does at simulating a real college football game.

Madden has issues, but not like NCAA.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:01 AM   #5
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

Depends what you like, the patch fixed offline dynasty fairly well this year, and aside from the no huddle glitch I'm not seeing a lot of issues that people are freaking out about. (Could be the honey moon effect still). The game feels a hell of a lot more fluid now. Madden has several things wrong with it's franchise mode and until that's patched I'll continue to say that NCAA is the better game.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:04 AM   #6
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

You have a question about Madden, use the Madden forums.

Closed
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »